Thirty Seven

Meek

I was out with my chasers trying to figure this shit out with Reina.

"That bitch don't know shit!" Ace yells.

"Yo Meek just lay that pipe on her ass and quit it. You know that's all she want anyways" Omelly says laughing.

"I don't want her washed up ass" I say. "I want Papi to stay in Philly. He been here and not once has what's been going on around him been a problem" I say.

"Man she tripping. Put that bitch on lockdown" Tak says making everybody laugh.

"Meek if you want I know someone that can handle her ass" Ace says sitting up.

"Nah nigga. She ain't gone die. " I say. "She just gone have to accept the fact I'm with Nicki and he likes Nicki. She ain't even been jealous until she realized she was my girl. Gone blame him seeing me locked up and shit is affecting him. It shows the police don't give a shit. That's what that shows" I say making them laugh.

"Yo Meek, ya girl calling again" Omelly says swing my phone light up. I ain't talk to Nicki and I forgot she told me to call her when I got here. I just decline it.

"Imma handle that shit with Reina" I say. "I feel like being with my girl right about now" I say.

"Oh hell, here he go with that sensitive shit. Meek be changing moods like a gotdamn female" Tak says. I shake my head.

"How about y'all niggas stay off then streets for a few hours and go lay up with ya hoes" I say as they leave.

"He might be right" Ace says smirking out the door. I pull my phone out and call Nicki.

"Meek " she says sounding worried and pissed all at the same time.

"Baby" I say.

"I've been calling you. All this no pick up when I call is annoying and I don't like it! You were suppose to call me hours ago. The least you can do is send me a text or something" she says.

"I know. My bad" I say not willing to argue.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"Can you come out to Philly?" I ask her.

"Only for a day" she says.

"That's all I need" I say.

"Now?" She asks.

"I would like to have you here now" I say.

"Ugh. Fine. I'll be there in a few hours" she says. I smile. I'll be waiting" I say and hang up.

Nicki

Meek lowkey got me fucked up. Got me flying out all times of night. Little do he know I'm about to have him give me a whole body massage cause I was comfortable.

(4 hours later)

I walk up to his door and he opens it smiling big at me.

"I missed you" he says kissing me and taking my duffle bag. He takes me up the stairs and to his room.

"So what's been going on?" I ask taking off my slippers. He just rubs his face and looks at me.

"Reina tripping over us and Papi. I don't know what exactly but she really wanna take him away to another state" he says. He sits on the bed and I see he is hurt. I go to stand between his legs and put my hands on his face leaning down and resting my forehead on his.

"It's going to be okay Meek" I say. He wraps his  arms around my waist.

"I just want my son with me. I pay child support and I take care of him when I have him. I get him more shit than she do. I take care of my son" he says. I hug him.

"I know. I see it babe" I say. "Reina is just being blind to it but she will see " I say.

"I just wanted you here with me" he says. I look at him and smile. I give him a kiss.

"Come lay in bed with me" I say. He stands and gets in bed and crawl in next to him.

"Nicki I want you to talk to her" he says.

"I don't think that will be a good idea" I say.

"I think it will" he says. "She ain't listening to me or my moms"

"What about Papi? He old enough to say what he wants and doesn't want"

"I don't want him upset and mixed in too much with all this bullshit" he says. "Can you just please try? For me" he says.

"Yeah" I say. "But not before I get some sleep" I say. He laughs and rubs my back.

"Thank you baby"

"Mhm" I say trying to drift to sleep.