Chapter 0:4

We ended up at the baseball field. At the time that was the only thing that came to my mind. There was no one there besides the guy at the counter who was falling into asleep. I bit my lip as we set up the batting cage, we put on our helmets. He stepped up to the plate and readied his bat. His muscles tensed as he awaited the first ball, and I definitely did not mind watching him. He swung and missed. I gave out a waggish laugh and in return he stuck out his tongue. We alternated like that for about an hour before we decided to take a break. "So now we know you suck at baseball huh?" I told him grabbing a snack from the vending machine. "Yeah I guess we do." there was a silence before he spoke again "How'd you learn how to play so well?". All I could think about was how he wanted to learn more about me. "Well my dad took me like three times a week, super sporty guy you know and I fucking hated it but I didn't have much say in the matter. We don't play that often anymore..." I drifted off thinking about the last time we came here. "Oh shit don't tell me you have one of those stories where like your mom died and then your dad got super distant and hard on you and now you barely talk and now you have a messed relationship" I laughed, "No, no nothing like that, my dad's just busy, we still play and I am happy to tell you my mother is in tip top shape. I refuse to become a cliche. I'll have you now that my parents are never gonna die." "Oh really?" He budged on. "Yes! I will not let all the other main characters in books and movies and shit tell me that a good story needs dead parents. Harry Potter and Bruce Wayne can go fuck themselves!" That one really cracked him up. I enjoyed it, I was smiling he was smiling. His smile was so fucking bright and even the thought that I caused that made me light up. "So you see yourself as the main character, I see..." "Well but of course, what else would I be? Just because I'm not a cliche doesn't mean I'm not the main character" I had finished my snack by now but he had barely touched his. "So what would I be then?" My brain rushed for an answer, my heart cried for my mouth to say "romantic interest" but my brain knew better. I was not an option for him. Even if I was I'm not a wizard or emo night vigilante. "I would say you're a strong sidekick" We talked on and on about books and worlds and such for a couple minutes before deciding to get back to batting. Everything about him ensorcelled me. I just wanted to know more. "So why are you friends with those sorts of guys?" I asked rolling up my sleeves as I stepped up to bat. "Well-" He started. "Wait let me guess, 'they are actually super nice people once you get to know them and they only act that way because they are insecure and need constant validation'?". "Thats, uh, yeah that was spot on" He smiled at me again. There he goes with that smiling again. We took turns again hitting the ball, he had a lot of anger and kept missing. He swung the bat too soon and too hard and it was just hard to watch. "Do you need some help?" "No it's fine I can do it" he was being very pervicacious So I helped him. I used my great knowledge of romance movies to use as much contact as humanly possible to teach him how to swing a bat correctly. I touched my hand to his face to try and position it forward, we locked eyes. His beautiful hazel eyes stared back at me for just a moment before he snapped back into reality. The ball rushed at him and he hit it with pin point accuracy, slamming the ball into the fence. "Well that's a first" he smiled and went to go pick up the ball. Realizing he was not talking about gay thoughts a pulled myself back into our conversation "I love first times. I want my whole life to be composed of them. Life is only interesting if life is wide." He stared at me questioningly "Kill Your Darlings" I clarified. "oh, cool, nice ring to it". Coincidently this movie was pretty gay but let's keep that on a need to know basis with him. "So do you want to hit a party after this? Anna Benson is hosting one, and we are out of time at this batting cage." He smiles back at me and I nod, wondering how anybody couldn't fall for this wonderful human being.

Waggish~ humorous in a playful, mischievous, or facetious manner.

Ensorcelled~ enchant; fascinate.

Pervicacious~ extremely willful; obstinate; stubborn.

A/N~ Okay okay, I know. It has been like 400 months since I last posted but I finally got around to doing it. I've had this sitting as an open tab for a really long time because I wanted to add more words and interesting bits but I could't fit anything else in. Hopefully this will keep you occupied until I write the next chapter.