New Home

"Ella, Ella, Ella ... Get up we are going to be late for our flight and dad is tripping. Hurry up you have ten minutes! " my brother call out to me from his room. I am a "shorty" four eleven, light brown skin, black hair and gray eyes. I have nice size with curves in the right places. Today is the day we leave our old life behind and move into a new one, literally. My family is moving but not only to a new house, a new country. So being teenagers we are not happy about it but what choice do we have. "Is for the greater good; for the whole family," my mother tried to comfort us. She is the best mother anyone can ask for. We are very close. She is more like a best friend than a mother at times. See my parents both got better job opportunities and they promised to send us to one of the best schools in the Caribbean. For me and my brother that is good thing.

And we are off, Trinidad and Tobago here we come! The drive was two hours before we arrived at the airport we got checked in and made our way to the waiting area. We were just in time; the flight was already boarding when we got to the gate. I got a window seat and Nick sat next to me. Our parents are in the seats in front of us. The flight attendant gives the flight safety briefing and we lift off. 'Goodbye my sweet home. Hope to see you again' I thought to myself.

We land one hour and a half later, the airport is lovely. For a small island, it's up to date with the technology of the world today. We were out of there in no time. There was already a car waiting for us, the driver greets us. He is an old friend of my parents from their previous visits here. He is a middle-aged and handsome man. "Hey guys, Alvin is the name. How was the flight?" He said reaching out to shake our hands. He showed us his car. A mat white lancer with frosted twenty inches rims. The seat is also white leather. I have to admit that it is a good-looking car. The drive to our new house was not long; about twenty minutes before we get there. The house is painted in light brown and the boarders are dark brown. It's two stories with a gallery in the middle of the upper level and a small chandler hanging from the sealing. A beautiful contrast. Nick and Mom were the first to get their bags and make their way inside.

I stayed by the car getting my bag when I heard the neighbor offering to lend a hand to take our stuff inside. He was a middle age man with grey hair in his sideburns and beard. His caramel colored eyes amused me. He came across and my father and Alvin started talking to him. I paid no attention to the three men I took my bags and left. Inside my mother and Nick was making dinner I stopped by the kitchen. "Honey, I'm home" I called to no one particularly. 'What yuh cooking Al? " I ask my mom. We call her Alla, a name developed from when we were little. "Oil-roti and pumpkin so hurry and put your bags and come help cook the roti." Alla said not turning to even look at me. "I love you too," I teased her leaving the kitchen. I don't like to cook. I can, but I just have to be in the mood. I made my way upstairs to my room, the only one left to have. I didn't have a choice. It was next to my parents' room. There was a cozy queen size bed in the middle, over the bed was a window, on the right was a computer and a door which lead to the bathroom which I have to share with Nick. It's not too bad. We get along better than the rest of our siblings. I just left my bag by the bed and dropped my body on the bed. I was exhausted from the trip. And within minutes my mom was calling for me to get my food. After eating, I went back to my room. Nick followed me into my room and jumped on my bed. We laid there and talked about random things until we fell asleep.

I wake to a loud bang and people shouting. I ran out of my room to the living room and peeked through the window to see what was the commotion. Yes, I know, like a nosy neighbor. It is then, I saw him, the guy next door. He stands about six three, black hair, brown skin, muscular body and black eyes? He seemed pissed about something or at someone. Whatever the reason I can see the rage in his eyes. "That has fucking nothing to do with me!" he yelled before jumping into his car speeding out of there just before he drove off. He turned and looked directly at the window where I was standing as if he knew I was there. I froze for a moment. I saw his eyes glowing. He sped away in his white BMW X6. Maybe it was the sun, I told myself. It was Friday evening when my mom informed us that school starts on Monday. We decided to go to the town to get the supplies on Saturday. That night, I dreamed of glowing eyes...