Chapter 1

AN//

Hellooo loves!!

This story will be written in two points of view, so they will be switched each chapter so that way you will get a deeper and better understanding of the characters and the story.

Everything that is written here and all the characters have been created by ME. This book is copyrighted which makes it ILLEGAL to copy off of my work, so if you see anyone copying my story please tell me. Also I will not tolerate any hate towards anyone reading this story, this is a place of positive energy.

Every single thing in the story has been written with love so I would appreaciate it if you don't hate on it. If you see any mistakes through out the book you can point them out (nicely) and I will try to fix them.

Thanks now I hope you enjoy the book!!!!

This story has content that involves depression, violence and abuse. 

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Books, are a uniquely portable magic"

-Stephen King

Wesley

    I bolted awake to stare at the hand that was resting on my shoulder. I looked up to the warm eyes of my history teacher. As he took me in, you could see how his stare changed to one of pure confusion. He must have noticed my panic-stricken features. All I desperately wanted was to rip his hands off of me. 

"Mr. Bater are you ok?" Asked the man while putting his other hand on my other shoulder and squeezing lightly as if to get me to focus on the question. Little did he know he was just making the situation worse. I couldn't focus on anything, suddenly I  started visibly shaking as my breathing got out of control. I looked at his arm like if it was fire about to burn me, as if sensing that my discomfort was about his hand touching me, he let go, finally understanding I didn't want it there.

"I'm fine now, sorry for falling asleep" I quickly said when I finally felt my breathing going back to normal and my erratic heartbeat had calmed down.

     The expectant eyes of my teacher stared at me a little longer as if to figure out what had happened. He finally decided to drop it and just continue with his class.

The minute the bell rang I sprang to my feet and hurried out of the classroom. I still had to find the office for my final schedule. Being the new kid is not easy at all, although I didn't expected it to be. I have been homeschooled my entire life, and would've graduated being homeschooled if it wasn't for my mom coming into my room one day and deciding that it was enough of that "fake school nonsense". She thought I should enroll in a "real" school for my senior year to get a taste of what real life is. I honestly don't see anything wrong with taking classes through a computer, at home.

I skipped out of the way of many people finally spotting the office at the end of the hall. I quickened my pace wanting to find the place where I would get a bit more personal space.

The face of a chirpy secretary greeted me as I entered the office. She was blonde and looked to be in her early 30's, overall she seemed pretty nice. 

"You must be the new kid. I was starting to wonder if you were even going to come."

I didn't know how to answer to that so I just nodded. With that she offered me a smile and told me to wait for a bit while she printed my final schedule.

After that the day went by slowly, almost too slow. By the time the last bell rang I was grateful to be able to go home. Nobody had thought about approaching me, noticing the hard set glare I carried throughout the day. I didn't want them to talk to me, so I didn't really know anybody. As I exited I couldn't help but stare at all the people laughing and enjoying with their friends. How they talked to each other or the way they hugged each other goodbye.

I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts the minute I felt a strong force collide with me, sending me flying to the ground. I looked up to the person that had pushed me.

"What are you staring at" Asked the offender. It was a big kid, I could notice by how old he looked that he must be a senior too. If the varsity jacket he and his friends were wearing are of any indication, I would say they played a sport too. There were four other guys with him.

"Are you deaf, kid? Shawn asked you a question" One of the other guys asked, he was short and chubby. So the name of the guy that pushed must be Shawn. I wanted to comment on how funny and cliche they looked glaring at me, till I felt them all start closing up around me.

That's when I started to panic. My vision went blurry as they all stood by me. I was feeling nauseous and dizzy. Move, please just move , I wanted to say it. Just say it, damn it why isn't it coming out.

"Please move" I croaked out.

"What a freak" One commented. I could hear whispers and comments of how freaky the new kid is. 

Most of them started laughing noticing the terror I was sure my face showed. A tall and lean blond grabbed the shoulder of Shawn. "Let's just go man" He said with pity, I guess at least one of them had feelings.

Shawn took one last look at me sitting on the floor and left, all following after him. I let out a sigh of relief reaching to wipe my tear stained face. I hadn't noticed I was crying.

After a minute I stood up and entered my car, finally feeling safe inside. This sure was a long day, and it's only the start, I thought as I drove home.