Chapter 15

" 'We'll be friends forever, won't we Pooh?' Asked Piglet. 'Even longer.' Pooh answered."

-Winnie The Pooh

Wesley  

As we made it to Violet's house, I parked her grandfather's car in the driveway. Just as we got out, Violet asked for the hundredth time.

"Are you sure you're going to go home okay?" She was worried because I had left my car at school. I nodded at her and tried to reassure her with a smile.

She grinned back at me and turned around to go back to her house. I stood on her porch waiting for her to go in. When she was just standing before the door she stopped, and slowly turning her head to me, glanced at the floor.

"Thank you." She said, her gaze flittering to me and then back to the floor. With one last smile she entered her house.

"No, thank you." I whispered softly at the wind.

This day had drained me more than what I showed Violet. Walking to school took somewhat of a long time, considering I went with a slow pace. Almost as if dragging myself to the parking lot. I sighed in content when I finally saw the familiar shine of my car, I couldn't wait to get home.

This day had been big for me. Sure, I didn't feel comfortable at all touching her, but hell I didn't pass out, or had a panic attack. You gotta look at the bright side of things, right?

In no time I was home, and barely greeting Mary I went straight to my room. The interaction with Violet seems to have left me with no energy. I didn't hear anything at the hallway, so I wouldn't be surprised if my parents weren't here.

They try to spend as much time out of this house as they can, their so called "business trips" are basically just an excuse to get out of this city. As it reminds them to what I did all those years back.

I felt a knock at my door.

"Wesley, sweetie, did you have any dinner?" She asked me in the sweet voice I had learned to feel comforted by.

"Yes, thank you Mary." I replied tiredly. Truth is, I don't remember having anything after lunch, but I didn't feel hungry. At this moment I didn't feel much of anything. So deciding to end this day quicker, I closed my eyes and waited for sleep to take me.

The next morning I woke up fully charged. Actually being early to school for once. Mary was a bit surprised when she saw me walking into the kitchen to greet her before the time I usually do. I felt better, renewed.

So with a good attitude I headed to school, feeling good about today. That was kind of affected when I saw Shawn today though. He was screaming at all his friends, his face looked red as he kept on going on about something. How can they actually be okay with that? I just shrugged and continued on to the library. Today I had a free period for the first two hours. As I was homeschooled I took most of the classes I needed to graduate, last year.

Feeling thankful that the library was practically empty, I went on trying to find a book for today. I love reading, it helps me be someone else for the day. Someone different, than the kid who can't touch anyone without totally making a fool out of himself.

It helps you live through someone else's life, and I love it.

As I skimmed through the books, I found one that caught my attention. As I went to grab it though, from the other side someone else pulled it out first. I immediately took my hand back and looked at the hole where the book was. I was met with some big framed reading glasses. Emily's big blue eyes staring shyly at me. She put the book back as if for me to take it and turned her head. Hell, she seemed more scared of interaction than me.