Chapter 11

A/N: Soo... I'm on a roll guyss, what can I say. Two chapters in two dayss! Thank you all for your comments, they are the ones that keep me writing!

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us." 

-Joseph Campbell

Wesley

I parked my car where I usually do at school and got out. As usual some people whispered about me, thinking I can't hear them. Well, that or they really don't care if I do. People are really full of gossip. I have heard so many things about me, hell it even makes me doubt whether they are truth or not. Some say I probably belong in a gang, I once heard a story about how I escaped from jail and that's why I am used to being cold and not talking to anyone, mostly they just talk about what a freak I am and my fear of "people".

It had rained yesterday night making a few puddles here and there. While walking from the parking lot I noticed a figure. It was Violet, she was finally in school, that's good. She had some light yellow boot like shoes and jeans, she had a Beatles shirt, it looked good on her. I paid close attention and noticed she was jumping on the puddles instead of away from them. I shook my head at that, and saw how messy the bottom of her jeans were. As I got closer to the entrance of the school, so did she. I heard something coming from her, was she talking or..? No way, she was singing under her breath.

I wanted to laugh until I felt some cold water splashing into the back of my pants. I turned around slowly and sure enough Violet was in a puddle not far away with a guilty expression on her face. I rolled my eyes at her annoyed at how careless she had been.

"Oops, I am sorry West." There she goes with the nickname again.

"What were you even doing Violet." I said with an irritated tone while keeping my face neutral.

"Umm, it's not what it looks like?" She answered unsure, not knowing how to explain why or what she was doing.

"You sure? Cause it looked like you were just jumping on puddles while singing The Lion King.." I told her in an amused voice.

She blushed a little before replying. "Okay, so it is exactly what it looks like. But I'm sorry I didn't mean to splash you. Honest." She told me while crossing her fingers over her heart when she said honest. It was an entertaining way to start the day and if I'm honest, it really didn't bother me that she splashed me. I kind of missed her weird self the past week.

So I shrugged in an okay and headed back inside while she met up with her two friends. They were waiting for her by the lockers. She greeted them with hugs and as if on cue the curly haired one, I think his name was Dextrose or something, turned around to look at me. He gave me an awkward smile and I just kept my glare. He quickly turned around avoiding my eyes nervously.

Classes were pretty boring and I did a very good job at avoiding being close to anyone. Teachers now kind of understood I needed some space so they would let me move my desk closer to the corners of the room so I wouldn't be seated right next to anyone. Which helped me concentrate better in class and avoid any attacks.

Walking to the cafeteria was always stressful, there's just so many people in there. It always makes me feel too crowded. I sighed in relief when I saw my usual table at the very corner of the room. It was empty, like always, and perfect for me. I took out a book from my backpack so I could ignore better everyone around me. Plus it helped people to see that I didn't want to be disturbed.