Chapter 3

"There is no loneliness sadder than a man without friends.

The lack of friends makes the world seem a desert."

-Francis Bacon

Wesley

I thought about skipping school today. I really didn't want to go, I didn't see the point in going. Anyways I had to get dressed so I got ready to face another day and then walked down the long stairs to the table. I waited for awhile, in silence, alone, just like always.

At some point Mary, the maid, appeared with my breakfast. I gave her a weak smile and she returned one back.

"They already left didn't they?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"I'm sorry Mr. Wesley, they said they had a lot of work, but I'm sure if they could've they would've waited for you." was all she said in a sad voice.

I knew what she had said wasn't the truth at all. I'm also sure she knew that, still she's just trying to make it better I guess. My parents wouldn't see me. Not even after I told my mom I wanted to drop out, and she convinced me not to, promising her support in the morning. Yet, here I am, all alone. Which is nothing new so I don't really give it much thought.

They still blamed me for what happened, for which they have a reason to. It was all my fault. I finished breakfast and ran to the door after looking at the time. 7:15, it read. I have just fifteen minutes to get to school. I grabbed an apple and a bottled water on the way to my car.

I made it to school with ten minutes to spare. After parking I made my way to my locker. I made it to my locker with a quick pace not wanting to be slow at the hallway full of students. I decided to go into class early and just wait inside, so I took all my books and started walking in the direction of my class. Just as I had the room number in my sight I bumped into someone, hard.

My books with what I assume are the other person's books were scattered all around the floor. I went to look up to apologize, till I saw it was Shawn, the jerk from yesterday.

"Seriously, are you in love with me?" he yelled intimidatingly.

"As if, he can only wish" I softly said under my breath. It didn't matter because he seemed to have listened to what I said.

"Aren't you going to apologize for being an idiot and not looking at where you were going?" he said fed up with me.

"You were the ass that bumped into me, I have nothing to apologize for" which was true he appeared out of nowhere.

"Excuse me?"

"Yes, you may be excused, now leave me alone." it seemed that those were definitely not the right words. Fuck, Wesley this is not the time to be a smart mouth. I tried to walk past him, but he pushed me roughly to the lockers. Thank god he immediately let me go. My side hit the lockers with a loud bang, and by now we had gained a small crowd of curious on lookers. Shit.

"I am fed up with your I'm-better-than-you attitude" said the brute.

That's because I am better than you, I wanted to say, but I knew that wasn't the time or the right thing to say.

He grabbed me by the collar and that's when I started to breath heavily. My head began spinning. I desperately wanted him to move away. I don't like touching, or closeness. Please move.