--UPDATE--

Hey there readers of Girl and the Shark,

I know it has been a long time coming since this story had a proper update. There are a few reasons for this, I don't think it will make much difference if I list them here but I will anyway.

I have many other projects and stories and characters, all of which over the past years have grown much farther and in my taste, better than the characters of this story. Hence I focused on them more, and this story sort of fell behind the rest.

Writers block. I had ideas and a road I wanted to take with the plot of the Girl and the Shark, however I just didn't know how to present them or get to those points in the story. My writing style is made up of setting up important plot points to hit, and improvising along the way towards those points. Some of my best ideas have come this way and it makes writing and creating a story all that more fun.
Unfortunately...sometimes it is also pretty easy to get stuck and not know what comes next.

Many of the characters have been redesigned since their initial descriptions in the story. Many others, I did not go into detail with, and giving them more detail would change the story too much.

I HATE the beginning. Yeah. I started writing this story for a friend who I am no longer close with, nor have I been for a few years now. The only deeply developed character here is Blade, one who I originally created for a different story but placed here after getting an idea for the Girl and the Shark.
I really don't like how this story started out, or how I portrayed Blade or Erica in the first few chapters. And this has always bugged me but I always avoided going back as it would take changing the entire story.

The story's background is way too underdeveloped. Everything about it is so vague and there's little to no information. This also bugs me.

SO. HERE IS THE UPDATE.

For all of you who enjoy this story and want to continue reading, I have good news, and I have bad news.
Good news, I will be revamping and reworking the entire story from the very beginning, I will follow the same plot as I had set but working deeper with the characters, longer chapters and giving Erica and Blade more personality and depth because right now I feel like both of them have their entire existance based on the other. Fuck that.

Bad news, I will be taking down all the current chapters that are right now published. I'm not deleting the story, just starting from chapter one all over again, so do not be surprised if you come back and it's all gone or there's only this update and a single chapter.
Heed the warning!

Also, thank you so much to everyone who has read, loved, voted and shared this story. It means a lot to me that you all love my characters so much that you ask for more, I'm sorry for disappointing you all with lack of chapters as of late.

The Girl and the Shark will be set in the same world as one of my created locations, 'Strange Town'. An alternate reality set in this world's 21st century where supernatural and magical creatures/people live along side humans, more discretely in most places than Moon City, aka Strange Town which is located in the US. One such magical race are Aqua Morphers, a species the 'Shark Shifters' such as Blade, Leon and Edge all belong to.
I won't be setting the revamped Girl and the Shark in Strange Town specifically, but in the same all-round universe.
If some of you are interested in knowing more about Strange Town, comment below and I will send a link to the info posted on my deviantART --> dilemmaart.deviantart.com

I LOVE YOU ALL! <3 <3

Chimera98 x x x