[3] Cashing for Chocolates

Warning: Lilly and Rikky do a little dirty tricks ;)
•••

One shot #3

"A beautiful day, don't you think Mr Ambrose?"

Silence.

"The sky is clear, the sun is shining, children running around the park, birds chirping, and cold businessmen confined in their empty offices. And can I say, you look extra miser-y for this delightful day."

Silence.

"How about we go outside and live a little? We can go to the beach! For once you can put a smile on your face, spray some nice tan, slap on some swim shorts and show off your pair of measly looking walking sticks!"

Silence.

"Or maybe take a stroll in the park! Watching children playing with each other can be very easing. We can go boating by the lake, go fishing, or even go fishing while boating! I always wanted to go boating, but those men wouldn't ever let a lady do so."

Silence.

"Actually, I'm having an appetite for solid chocolate. You wouldn't mind accompanying me to that local chocolate factory, would you Mr Ambrose?"

Silence. Stone cold silence.

"Oh blast! Where had my money gone?!"

"Had you never bought stacks of chocolates last week, you wouldn't be asking."

"Now you decide to talk? Will you give me a raise for my impossible feat?"

Silence.

"C'mon you big baby! We were making progress! Just lessen that 'I-will-slaughter-your-entire-being' look of yours, and maybe we'll reach the point where you can make friends!"

More silence.

"Perhaps you can lend me a few of your shillings and pounds. Certainly you'd need to carry less weight on that wallet of yours."

"Mr- Mrs Ambrose," he had said my married name as if saying 'you gold-digging wench'. I was not a gold-digger, hence my current position as a secretary earning my own money under Mr Rikkard Ambrose. I was simply asking for a few pounds from my fiancé who should be a gentleman and help his beloved in need.

But he is no ordinary loving husband, for he refuses to lend me any money- except for my monthly wages of course.

"Mr Dick Ambrose," I said his name as if saying 'you miserable bastard' instead. His eyes darkened instantaneously, as dark as a pool of dark chocolate.

"Do not call me that, love. There will be consequences," his words were low and propitious.

"Then let me borrow your money, and no blood will be shed." I wasn't sure if I was teasing or not. I held out my palm, waiting for a couple of pounds to appear on my hands from the man in front of me.

"You cannot just borrow money, waste it on inutile items, and return the same amount of money back!"

"I can give you the change. And chocolate is not inutile!"

His index finger twitches just slightly, and I knew I had him exasperated.

"You are not buying chocolates this week, and that is final," he scold at me like an insolent child. Insolent I may be sometimes, but I'm definitely not a child!