[4] If Only |1|

I'm trying out third person, just warning you :)
•••

One shot #4

It's been three days now. Rikkard Ambrose had never felt more enraged throughout the past three days. What did Mr Linton think he would accomplish for being truant? He had spent three days perhaps trotting about and having superfluous associations within the park. Did he think he sent him on a vacation? He knows not! There is no time for his uncalled holiday.

His pinky finger twitched and his jaw ticked without his consent. It may be that Lillia- Mr Victor Linton simply does not want to respond to any of his letters or talk at all. Perhaps Mr Linton thought he could confine herself from his perpetual, relentless orders. Unfortunately, he had thought wrong.

Deciding to end Mr Linton's puerile attitude, Rikkard stood up from his chair that resulted into a loud squeak as the chair was pushed backwards. In a steady pace, he proceeded to reach the door of his secretary, preparing himself for his wonderful use of profanity towards him. But instead, what greeted him was vicious cold silence that seemed to be biting horrifically back at him.

"Your silence will nip you right back in your stony derrière, Mr Ambrose! Mark my words, Sir!" He had told him when he had ignored her kaput banters.

"I believe silence can not bite much less nip, Mr Linton. Enough with this. Give me file 39IIX110."

Little did he know that the silence was doing exactly what Lil- Mr Linton had thought it would. There was no trace of him anywhere. No trace of him being here for the past three days at all. Where had he gone?

He had felt a small twinge where his heart lay, and he couldn't conclude it as anything but a pull of a muscle. Is she okay? Had her suitors and pursuers attack her? Had she been taken as a hostage by Dalgleish? He shook his head. These thoughts are irrelevant, outrageous, as well as time consuming. He shouldn't spend too much time wondering about another's well-being as it does not do anything but lower his work performance. But he couldn't help but feel otherwise.

Striding swift and firm back to his desk, Rikkard had to know his employer's whereabouts to punish her with more files to retrieve and extra hours of work. Immediately, he sent a note to Mr Stone to tell his most trusted partner that he requires his services forthwith.

"Karim," He gave his partner a curt nod of his adequate use of time wasted to reach his office. "Find out where Mr Linton may be. Inform me at once."

Karim returned his own acceded nod, jumping out the window where he had entered from.

***

The morning wasn't turning out very well for Lillian Linton as she attempted to sit up from her bed to no avail. She knew it was a Monday where she had to return to work before a certain cold miser of a bachelor would be waiting with awaiting files for me to fetch. But she couldn't move at all.

It was as if her body was suddenly drained of all the energy regardless of the cat-like sleep she had and sugar-filled chocolates she ate the night before. Her eyes could hardly lift open to their fullest, but just enough to spot a blurred worried Ella gazing down at her by the foot of her bed.

"Is it..." Ella couldn't bring herself to complete the sentence.

"I don't know," Lilly responded hoarsely. She used her ears to listen as Ella noisily walked to the side of her bed. Her cool hand rested atop her forehead, and by the looks of it, Ella didn't like how Lilly's skin felt under her palm.