Chapter 2

MacGyver stepped into my home and stood in front of me. I motioned for him to take a seat in the living room.

"Did you want any ice cream?" I offered.

"Well," he looked at the carton and back at me.

"Of course you do, sit down and I'll get you a spoon and we can share. You don't have any plague of any kind, do you?" I asked jokingly.

I watched him smile a little to himself then sit on the couch as I got him a spoon. His eyes traveled around my living room, taking in every detail. I came back and handed him the spoon.

"Now, I think I'll go put some pants on," I giggled quietly.

MacGyver smirked a little and took the spoon and ice cream that I offered. I then went to my bedroom and slid on a pair of jean shorts and reappeared on the couch beside MacGyver.

"Do you have a nickname by any chance?" I asked him as I scooped up some ice cream.

"Some people call me Mac," he answered.

I nodded and took another bite of ice cream. MacGyver took a bite, then I did, we went back and forth like this for a little while.

"Why did you come back?" I finally asked.

"Well, I wanted to make sure we were ok..." MacGyver did not seem pleased with his own answer, he seemed like there was a reason that he did not even know himself.

"You don't know why you came back, do you?" I told him.

He looked down at the ice cream and shook his head, "No, not really. I just found myself back at your doorstep."

I laid my head on his shoulder, for some reason, that seemed like the right thing to do.

"Well, I'm glad you came back."

"Me too," he said quietly.

MacGyver wrapped his arm around my shoulders and gently pulled me into him. I turned my body and curled into him, laying my head on his chest.

"I think I really like you Mac," I whispered, almost hoping that he could not hear me.

"I think I really like you too," he replied.

I sat up and looked him straight in the eyes. I could see his feelings through his own eyes, he was beginning to love me. I didn't realize it then, but looking back upon that moment when our eyes came to meet each others and we sat with never wavering gazes, knowing exactly what the other felt and would feel, he was beginning to love me and I was beginning to love him. At the moment however, I only saw that he was beginning to feel for me. We were both falling, slowly and carefully, as one treads in a flower garden or a meadow or a floor covered in glass. Slowly. But we were falling inevitably in love with each other.

"When will we see each other again?" I asked.

"I'm always at the Foundation, just come and find me," he smiled.

"I'm going into training soon, they want me to have an experienced field operative as a mentor. I don't suppose you could be mine now, since we're 'emotionally involved'," I breathed a small laugh.

"Yeah, I don't know if that would be acceptable, unless no one finds out, but that never really works," MacGyver responded.

I leaned my head back on his shoulder and, for the first time, breathed in his wonderful scent. There really was no cologne or aftershave, really just his laundry detergent and deodorant and his natural scent. It had quickly become my favorite scent in the world.

We sat there together, finishing up the rest of the ice cream and watching television. MacGyver had not watched much television so it was kind of exciting to share my favorite show with him. By the end of the hour and the ice cream, we were half asleep with a blanket covering us and my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat and his steady breathing. We woke up to a knocking on my front door.

"Oh gosh, it's my friend Xena, she'll freak out that I have a guy here without telling her!" I told him, seeing Xena through the side window.

I threw the blanket off and pulled him to his feet.

"Go hide!" I commanded him.

MacGyver slides into my bedroom and closes the door. I walk up to my front door, calm and composed, and open the door.

"Hey Fynlee, did you forget I was coming over?" She asks with a smirk.

"I actually did, sorry," I blushed.

"Well, someone's been lazy today," she remarked.

Xena walked into my living room and picked up the two spoons. She waves them in the air.

"Do you have company?" she asked.

I could see her mind working and making all kinds of stories up. She was that kind of person, always making assumptions and stories that are wildly false.

"Um, no, I-"

"You do have company! I can always tell when you're lying!" She said, her eyes getting wide and excited.

"Well, don't jump to any conclusions, we only met today!"

Defeated, I shuffled down the hallway and opened my door. I walked up the MacGyver.

"She guessed, and now I have to admit defeat and present you to her. She's really crazy and weird so don't get too scared of her," I told him.

"I'll do my best to impress," he smiled comfortingly.

I breathed a heavy sigh and took his hand and brought him out to meet Xena. I looked up at her, her eyes widened and she opened her mouth ever so slightly.

"Your company is a guy?" She gaped.

"Xena, this is MacGyver, he works at the same place as me. Mac, this is my friend Xena, she's a professional drama queen," I introduced them.

"Hi," MacGyver nodded, extending his hand for her.

"Why hello," she flirtatiously greeted him.

"Well, what a lovely visit, all you needed to do was get your sweater and leave," I pushed her.

"Where's my sweater?" She asked.

I drug her to my room to get her sweater.

"He's gorgeous!" Xena sighed romantically.

"Back off, he's not your type and I haven't had any sort of relationship since Vance. I deserve this, go away now," I told her as I shoved the sweater in her hands.

She giggled as I drug her down the hall and to the door. We both stopped and she opened the door then turned around and squeezed me in a hug.

"Oh darling I'm so happy for you!" She swooned. "And you, Mr. MacGyver, better treat her like the angel she is, spoil her with flowers and dinners and she loves home cooked fancy dinners. She hates men who are self-absorbed, she loves the kind of guy that is more than happy to go out and buy tampons."

"OK! That's enough miss biography of Fynlee!" I scold, shoving her out the door.

My body hit the back of the door and I looked up at MacGyver. He stepped towards me and held both of my hands in his.

"I'll be all that you want and more," he whispered softly. "If you'll let me."