Distraction

Scott and I were alone at my place, cooking. Or trying to cook, but Scott didn't even know how to use a grater. 

"Baby, can you pass me the salt, please?" 

Scott handed me the shaker and I spiced the soup. I took a spoon, tasting it, but I wasn't quite satisfied. 

"Something's missing." I turned to Scott, the spoon still in my hand. "Can you try it?"

Being literally useless when it came to cooking, Scott was all too happy to contribute. "Sure!"

I put the spoon to his lips, feeding him. It was weird, but I tried to shake it and just focused on not spilling anything.  But as soon as Scott tasted the soup, his eyes closed and he sighed contentedly. 

"I don't even know what you're talking about, this is great. We did a great job."

"You mean I did a great job, while you were watching," I chuckled. He put a hand to his heart, acting offended. 

"Hey! I gave you mental support. And I passed you the ingredients, so I did do something."

I laughed, shaking my head. "Yeah, okay, if you insist." He laughed, too, and then a few minutes passed without either of us breaking the silence. It was a pleasant silence though, not the awkward kind but the one where you're just happy you're spending time together without feeling the pressure to say anything. I appreciated this moment, as it happened very rarely and I was glad Scott was this kind of comfort person for me. All he had to do was just exist and my anxiety would be washed away instantly, and I would find myself in this pleasant haze of pure happiness, a state I haven't been in too often in my life. 

I turned off the stove, putting the pot aside to get the plates but Scott held my waist, spinning me around so I was facing him. 

"Hey," I said, awkwardly looking at him as he smiled and his blue eyes lingered on my dark ones. He didn't bother answering though, at least not verbally, and kissed me instead. 

It wasn't a heated kiss, it was just our lips pressed together, lingering a bit longer than was necessary, but I wasn't going to complain. When we parted I thought I could continue with preparing the food, but Scott picked me up, setting me down to sit on the kitchen counter.

I chuckled. "Scooott!" I whined, still laughing. "What are you doing?"

He laughed, too, kissing my neck carefully, making me laugh even more. 

"It tickles!"

"You're so cute."

"What?"

"You're cute, Mitchy." He stopped kissing me, looking at me sincerely. "You're perfect. Hot and cute and talented and beautiful and perfect, baby." He leaned in again, kissing me on my lips now.

"You really mean it?" I asked in between the cute little pecks. He chuckled.

"Of course, love. I love you."

This idiot always knew how to make me smile. "I love you too."

"Can we make out now?"

I laughed, slapping his shoulder playfully. "Of course. C'mere." I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him as close to me as possible. 

His lips tasted and felt like home. The moment we kissed, I knew this was right where I belong. I pulled him closer, tilting my head so I had a better access. He nibbled on my lower lip, making me smile into the kiss. I wrapped my legs around his waist, keeping him close and feeling his body heat. But then this adorable, cute idiot caught me by surprise when he slipped his tongue into my mouth. I raised my eyebrows in surprise but reciprocated the now heated kiss, trying to let him know how much I love him and how much he means to me.

"Babe, we-" I began but Scott interrupted me with another kiss. "Scott-" I chuckled when he kept on kissing me, not letting me speak. "Scotty, I really-" But again, the boy wasn't having any of it.

"Okay, sorry," Scott finally said after a few more minutes, blushing a deep shade of red. "Once I start kissing you I can't get enough. What were you saying?"

"We need to talk."

Scott's smile turned into a frown. "O-okay?"

"No," I chuckled. "Don't worry, nothing serious. I just had an idea."

Slowly, Scott's smile was coming back. "Yeah? About what?"

"You, uh..." I turned my head away, unable to focus with Scott so close to me, especially not after the make out session now. "You said you'd help me get back at my parents."

"Yeah, sure," Scott replied. "What were you thinking about?"

I smiled sheepishly, pressing one more kiss to his soft lips.

"Remember the lace dress?"