Gatsby's Sister

A/N: so I tried to make a fanfic based off the great gatsby but I got lazy and deleted it so I'll just make it an imagine. Maybe I'll make a part 2 or something idk. Enjoy!

Sydney sat, dressed in all black, staring blankly at her dear brother's casket. A billion thoughts and questions were running through her mine.

Why did Wilson kill HIM? What did her poor brother do to deserve this.

Dan, Sydney's fiancé, rubbed her shoulders silently. He knew that nothing he could say or do would make the situation better, and he was in pain too. Him and Gatsby were friends, but were not close. But the fact that Dan's beloved was so utterly heartbroken about it made his own heart ache to make her feel better.

But he knew better. He knew that no matter what he said or did, Sydney would still be upset.

The door opened, revealing a man and his wife, none other than Daisy and Tom Buchanan, followed by a tall boy with a raven black fringe. Daisy was in tears, while Tom stood there, completely unphased by the fact that good ol' Jay Gatsby was, in fact, dead.

"I bet he's not even dead," said Tom. "I bet he's just pretending because he wants Daisy back, doesn't he?"

"I watched it," Sydney said quietly.

"Pardon?"

"I watched it happen. He's not faking anything. Wilson shot Gatsby before shooting himself, both of them dead right there," she said, suddenly angry.

"Well good on Wilson, for shooting Gatsby, I mean. He was just a-"

"Tom don't," Phil said. "Not here, not now."

"I'll do what I please," Tom said. "Gatsby was a nightmare, he ruined all our lives. I'm pretty sure he had an affair with MY Daisy."

"You're one to talk, with your "lady" in the city. Which, by the way, Daisy killed," Sydney retorted.

"On accident!" Daisy screeched. Sydney huffed.

"Oh don't act dumb with me. That may have been an accident, but you cheating on your husband with my brother wasn't 'just an accident,'" Sydney said, using air quotes.

"Everyone calm down!" Dan said. "Can't we all just get along?"

It was silent.

Sydney took this time to think about the time her brother had introduced her to Dan.

*Flashback*

Sydney groaned as Gatsby dragged her to his neighbors house to invite him to a party.

"Why am I here?"

"Because, he's a boy and he's about your age. I thought you wanted to date someone," Gatsby smirked. Sydney rolled her eyes at him.

"On my own, you little-"

Just then, Dan opened the door. Sydney's face immediately softened.

"He's gorgeous," she thought to herself. Gatsby smirked.

Dan was already in love. He took one look at her Panic! At The Disco hoodie and light brown hair and fell.

"Hi, uh, Gatsby right?" Dan said, holding out his hand, still in a trance.

"Yes, that's me. This is my sister, Sydney."

"Pleasure," she said with a smile. He returned it.

"Pleasures all mine, Miss Sydney."

"Miss Sydney? No. Barf. Please, call me anything BUT that," she laughed, which made him chuckle also. "Well, Gatsby we've gotta go. I've got to call mom, remember?"

"Yeah, yeah let's go," Gatsby said. Sydney reluctantly waved goodbye to this beautiful stranger. Honestly, she didn't want to leave. She wanted to stay and get to know this nerdy-looking boy. But she did promise her mother she would check in.

Dan waved goodbye and closed his door, leaning against it and sighing happily.

*End of Flashback*

Sydney smiled slightly and pulled her boy close to her side. "I love you," she whispered. He smiled, showing his dimples.

"I love you too."