Episode 52| Jealousy isn't a Good Thing

Sophia's P.O.V.

"What are you doing here, Remy?" I questioned, leering at the bruised and battered boy I had once called mine. "I didn't think you would be here."

"I'm here to see my mother." He answered by looking at Bryce, not falling back in step to Bryce's stride forward, creating a shield between Remy and I. His dislike for my ex hadn't decreased by any means. I didn't want to demand Bryce to soften up on Remy, not because he had hurt me, but because I knew Bryce wouldn't listen to my request.

Remy's response about being here for his mom struck regret into my core. I took a long intake of air, assessing the situation. "Did something happen to her?"

"No," he puffed. "She works here. She's the head surgeon. I'm having lunch with her."

"Have fun eating lunch with your mommy," Bryce said coldly and began to walk past him, stringing me along. "C'mon, Sophia. Let's get back to Conner."

Conner was in an argument with the receptionist and a nurse. Neither of them wanted to let him go into Kelsey's room. Conner had his fists balled up, knocking down on the receptionist's desk. I knew Bryce and Conner often dealt with criminals, but it wouldn't fly well here. I wished I could tell him that rude tone worked on his enemies, but it did not suit inside a hospital. You couldn't threaten your way through things in life.

"Read my lips," Conner ordered. "I'm not leaving until I see her."

"You are more than welcome to come back later on in this week—"

"No." He interjected. "You're not listening to what I'm saying. I'm not leaving this building until I see her with my very own eyes. There's no ifs ands or buts to that statement."

"Sir." The nurse clutched his clipboard to his side. "This is our policy. We can bicker all day over this, but the policies aren't going to change for you. There's a reason they're in place."

"I know, but it's not like I'm a stranger." He flung out his wallet.

Whoa, did he have photos of Kelsey in his wallet?

Just as I had thought, Conner showcased the transparent photo sleeve inside his wallet. Ten photos were visible if you counted them from front to back.

Hate him or love him, you had to give Conner props for the amount of care he had for Kelsey. I knew this before, but the amount of photos he had in full display to prove his case caused something in my heart to flourish. It was cute to say the least.

I stole a glance at Remy. Earlier, I didn't see the bandage he had on his knuckles. Blood, turning brown, was splashed across the front, but it was faint. Had he punched Bryce during the fight? I didn't see him even fight back. It was a one-sided fight.

Actually, calling it a fight was unfair. He was assaulted. He laid there limp, taking it without lifting a finger.

I mulled over the possibility that he got in a fight after his altercation with Bryce, but that wasn't really Remy's style. He didn't get violent. He was always a people pleaser. He would rather try and talk something through than to raise his hand. Bryce was the polar opposite to that type of personality; he was a hot-head.

Emphasis on hot, my thought said for themselves while looking at his profile, standing in the waiting room.

If I told someone that I had dated Remy and Bryce with a minor break in between the two relationships, they wouldn't believe me because of how different they were.

Remy looked like the typical goofy nice guy in every romantic comedy movie ever released, destined to never get the girl. I never saw him in anything besides a buttoned up short-sleeve shirt with an artsy design, arrogantly popping the collar up, and always wearing something that was denim (jackets, pants, vests).