Episode 60| False Alarm

Sophia's P.O.V.

"You're crazy," Kelsey declared after I told her that I was going to marry Bryce in less than a month from today. She didn't know why I got the sudden urge to get hitch with him.

Bryce explained that I couldn't tell anyone that we would both be leaving after a big arrest. He didn't say who they were arresting, but I didn't have any interest in asking either.

"Are you pregnant?" Nicolas patted my flat stomach. "If this is a shot-gun wedding to cover a pregnancy just tell us."

I swatted his hand away. "I'm not pregnant."

"Have you had your period this month?" Kelsey questioned, getting super personal.

"No..I mean, I don't know. Sometimes it's late, but that doesn't mean anything."

"You're pregnant!" Nicolas howled. "I knew it, I knew it!"

"No, I'm not. If you would've let me finish, I would've told you that it's irregular because I'm on the pill." I whispered and put my face into my hands. How did I get these friends in the first place? They were so all over the place that it was hard to keep up with them at times. This wasn't the kind of talk I wanted to have in a public place.

Nicolas and Kelsey exchanged glances. "Since when have you been on the pill?" Nic inquired.

"None of your business," I hissed. "You're not my doctor."

"I don't get it though. Why would you marry a guy you hardly know unless your preggo?" Brooklyn asked intrusively, sinking her teeth into her hamburger. "You're either pregnant or you're hiding something from us."

It took a lot of convincing for me to drag Kelsey to this lunch-meeting I arranged with Nicolas and Brooklyn. Anytime Brooklyn opened her mouth, I saw Kelsey's eye twitch and her fingers curl into fists.

She desperately wanted to know what my "big news" was though so she agreed to come with me.

We sat at a booth in a local Fatburger. It was Nicolas suggestion because he was craving their milkshakes. I agreed, knowing that it was better than my first choice which was Wendy's.

Brooklyn offered to go to Taco Bell, but I repeated that I'd never step foot in another Taco Bell after my first visit. They put Mexican food to shame. It was blasphemy to call their trashy, cheap meals anything remotely Mexican. It made everyone think all we ate were tacos and burritos. Where was the Pozole, Fideo, Carnitas, or some Menudo? None of that was on their menus.

I need to calm down before I stress myself out.

Kelsey removed the pickles from her cheese hamburger. "I love that you're with Bryce. Really, I do. I'm the one that practically set you guys up. I think you're great together. You guys remind me a lot of Conner and I when we first started dating."

Brooklyn rolled her eyes and annoyingly cleared her throat.

"Is there something caught in your throat or are you just being a bitch?" Kelsey boomed.

"She didn't mean that," I quickly tried to mend the issue. "What were you saying?"

Brooklyn didn't stop glaring at her.

Kelsey took note of this and clenched her fists again. She composed herself and then went on with what she was telling us. "Like I saying, I love you guys, but don't you think you're moving too fast?"

"We thought now would be a good time to get married." I shrugged, picking apart the left over bread from my meal. "Bryce is graduating next semester and I'm going into my third year of college. There's a lot of stuff going on next year. Besides, tax season is coming around soon and there's lots of benefits when you do your taxes as a married couple."