The Attack

Rosalie's POV

That night, I was sitting at my desk in a fresh dress reading a book while my maid was getting coals for my bed.

"There you go miss, it was a trying day for you I'm sure!" She said. "Oh yes, I suspected that the Commodore would propose but I must admit I wasn't entirely prepared for it." "Oh I meant you being threatened by that pirate, it must have been terrifying!" "Oh, yes. It was terrifying." I started staring into space thinking about Jack, still haunted by the memory of him that I couldn't quite place.

I was jets from my thoughts by my made saying good night and leaving my room. Soon after she left I got up and walked to my window. I stood there for the longest time,gazing out to sea. It was getting quite foggy. Then, far in the distance, I started to see the silhouette of a ship in the water. It looked familiar, it must be the ship from the crossing! I have to tell Father and James!

I fled from my room and soon made it out of the house. I sprinted down the road and didn't stop until I made it to the fort. Running up the steps, I saw Father and Norrington walking and talking. Running up to them I yelled, "Father! There's a ship in the harbor!" They immediately turned and my father said "What's that noise?" The Commodore quickly responded "Canon fire!" an tackled us both to the ground as the wall behind us.

After the explosion we all got up and James told us to barricade ourselves in his office. Of course Father listened but I was too busy running back to the house to make sure Lizzie was okay.

On my way I ran into will who had just thrown an ax into a pirate. He came up to me and asked "Rosalie, is Elizabeth okay?" "I don't know I'm just on my way to check!" I replied frantically. "Ok, just be careful and make sure she's alright!" Will said.

I started running again and Will went to fight, but then I stopped. If the ship that is attacking is from that night eight years ago, couldn't they be looking for the medallion? Lizzie had the medallion! She could be in danger!

Just then I turned to see Will lying unconscious and my sister being dragged away by pirates. "Lizzie! No, stop!" I tried desperately to run after her but people kept getting in the way. Soon she was out of sight and I stopped and started crying.

Then I remembered Jack. Maybe he could help. After all he is a pirate, he could know these other pirates and we could follow them.

I started running to the prison and I fled down the staircase to his cell. When I arrived I saw two other pirates already there, one with a hand reaching through the bars towards Jack. What was wrong with his hand?

As I entered, all three men turned to look at me. "Now what do we have here?" the one in the hat said. As he walked towards me the other one pulled his hand out of the cell. "Such a pretty flower. I bet we could have fun with you." He ran his hand down my cheek and I flinched.

"Leave her alone!" Jack yelled. We all turned to stare at him in surprise. He glared at the man that touched me. "She's nothing to you." "Oh I don't know about that, our captain might like her as well." "No. You can leave now and go enjoy whatever else you've found on this little raid of yours." Jack said, still glaring at him.

The two men simply snickered and left the jail leaving me trembling pressed against the wall. "You all right?" Jack asked. I cleared my throat and straightened my dress. "Ye-yes I'm fine." I stuttered.

"Well then. What can I do for you?" He said. "I-um... my sister was taken by the pirates and I thought that you might know where they have taken her." Jack looked at me curiously. "And why would I help you?" "I can pay you. I am the daughter if the Governor of Port Royal I could give you a handsome fee." "Oh I think it might take a lot more than that." he said. "But this really isn't the best time for this right now I am trying to get some sleep. Why don't you go over there and sit down and we can discuss this in the morning."

I was to confused I just did what he asked and sat down by the wall next to his cell. I realized that I was in fact very tired and immediately fell asleep.

Jack's POV

I couldn't deny, this young woman was in fact very beautiful. Oh come on Jack, you can't be serious, I thought to myself. As I watched her slide down the wall and fall asleep I couldn't resist reaching out and stroking her beautiful hair. Why do I feel this way? Why did I get so angry when the pirate touched her? I sighed and laid back onto the floor of the cell. I fell asleep with Rosalie in my thoughts.