The Crew

Rosalie's POV

We headed back to the ship to gather our things. As Jack went into his mysterious cabin, I realized that I didn't have anything with me. Will has the same realization, and we stood together and waited.

We stood in silence and I couldn't help but think of what could happen to Lizzie. Or if the pirates went back to Port Royal and...
No. I couldn't think about that. Not after my mother...

Just as the tears were starting to form, Jack walked up to me and Will. "Ready to go love?" he asked me. I tried to wipe my eyes hurriedly and Will answered for me. "Yes. The sooner the morning comes, the sooner we can go after Elizabeth." As he walked away.

Jack stared at me, trying to understand why I had started crying. I walked past him keeping my head down.

Jack led us to a small inn a little ways in town. We got our separate rooms and settled in for the night. I had a fitful sleep and had a nightmare again. This one was about my mother.

I was woken up by Will quietly knocking on my door. "Rosalie? Are you ready? Jack says it's time to go." "Um- in a minute!" I yelled as I scurried out of bed and around the room and tried to make myself look decent. My attempts were clearly futile.

A few minutes later I stumbled out if my room and followed Will and Jack outside. We walked briskly through the town.

When we reached the dock, Jack sauntered up to a group of people that were being (unsuccessfully) sorted into lines by the strange bearded man that I saw with Jack last night.

Jack told me to go on the ship and check to see if everything was in order. I had no idea what that meant, but I didn't want to argue. I walked down the dock to the ship and climbed aboard.

I really had no idea what to do, so I just decided to wander around and explore the ship. I made my rounds, not really finding anything interesting. Soon I headed back to the wheel and watched the happenings on the docks.

I arrived in time to see a woman slap Jack across the face. I let out a chuckle, and laughed even harder when she did it again. After that, everything seemed to get in order. At one time during the conversation, everyone turned to look at the ship. I ducked, not wanting to be seen watching.

Soon everyone was aboard and I stepped out of the way of the fast working sailors. They sure were an interesting lot. I almost stepped on a very short man. I finally found a good place to watch what was going on a little way into the rigging. Soon the ship was moving, and I joined the crew below decks to find a hammock to sleep in. They definitely weren't the most comfortable living situations, but life at sea was definitely not glamorous.