Chapter 8

This is going to be the last update for the day.
****************************************
Alex's P.O.V

Klaus and Stefan have come down from the cliff top and approach Elena and Jenna.

"Quite the predicament. You know, it's funny, all this talk about preserving the family, and here's Stefan, granting your wish." Klaus says to Elena.

"Stefan..." Elena said to him sadly.

"It's okay," Stefan said to her and I ran up to them ignoring the pain in my ankle. I fell in his arms because of my ankle and Stefan caught me. I pulled his face to meet mine.

"Don't do this," I said and he hugged me as he sat me down.

"I have too." He said and I shook my head.

"Please, Stef, I need you," I said as we pulled away and he kissed my head.

"You'll be ok," Stefan said and pushed me away from him. I cried and kept my eyes on him.

"Well." I look at Klaus. He points a stake between Jenna and Stefan. "Who's it going to be, Elena?" Klaus asked and I looked at her.

"No," Elena said and Klaus smiled.

"Oh, don't worry. There's actually no choice." Klaus said and vamp speeds around Stefan and stakes him in the back. Stefan screams in pain and crumbles to the ground.

"Stefan!" I yell and found myself not being able to move again. I looked at Greta who is chanting a different spell.

"No! Stefan! No!" Elena says.

Klaus rips the stake out of Stefan's back, leaving a sizable chunk of wood in his back. "I have other plans for your boyfriend. I want him alive. But for now..." Klaus snaps Stefan's neck causing Stefan to fall, disgracefully, to the ground. "Whenever you're ready, Greta," Klaus said and I crawled over to Stefan when Greta let me go.

"Stefan, Stefan!" I yelled at him. I pulled the chunk of wood out of his back and saw Klaus walk up to us. I pulled his body closer to me and cradled him in my arms.

"He will be fine," Klaus says and I hear Greta begin chanting the next part of the spell which dispels the ring of fire surrounding Jenna. Jenna looks frightened. Elena, teary-eyed, watches Klaus and me.

"Stay away from my family, or I will kill you even if it takes me an eternity." I threaten and hugged Stefan closer to me. I bent over and placed a kiss on his forehead. Klaus stands up angry at me and walks over to Jenna. "You're going to be ok, Stefan. I will never let anything hurt you." I whispered in his ear.

"Your turn," Klaus said and I look up at the scene in front of me. Wait, what role do I have in this whole thing?

"No, Jenna, no!" Elena said and attempts to get Jenna, but the fire around her flares up. Jenna looks over at her.

"It's alright, Elena. I know what I have to do." Jenna said.

After a moment of shared silence between Jenna and Elena, Jenna vamp speeds to Greta and ferociously bites her neck. Greta screams and I smiled. Karma's a bitch.

Klaus vamp speeds over to Jenna and stakes her in the back, pulling her off of Greta, who has fallen to the floor. Jenna gasps and Klaus released her. Jenna fell to the ground and Elena started to cry.

"Jenna, no!" Elena yelled and I felt a tear run down my cheek. I was about to watch my friend die. Jenna looks up at Elena, tears in her eyes. "Just turn it off. Jenna. Turn it off. You won't be scared anymore." Elena tells her and I nod.

Klaus flips Jenna over onto her back and hunched over her. Jenna seems less frightened when Klaus stakes her in the heart. I closed my eyes shut with tears falling down them, while I hear Elena scream.