Chapter One

"Misty, Come on, it's time to go!" My dad says. Now me being me, I am probably off in my closet doing some reading or maybe even praying. Who knows? "In your sons' name, Ame--."

"Boo!" My father busts in on me while I am right at the end of my prayer. "What are you doing??" He askes me looking furious and confused. "I...nothing" I say as I studded and struggle to hide the Bible and cross necklace my friend had given me at school. She had told me about a man named God. If you talked to him, he would give you what you had asked for. After she showed me the proper format, she had called it praying.  Now my father was not very religious, as for me, I did not know what I was.

"I WAS... PRAYING, if that's okay." I said in a shaky voice. He'd never came in on me while I was talking to Jesus before. This was one of those awkward moments where you did not know what to do. "Come on we gotta go" "Where?" I ask "To your grandmothers house." As I walk down stairs, I see my mother eating breakfast; Her and my dad where about to go on vacation to Ohio and I was stuck with my grandparents. "Good morning sweety!" My mother says in a sleepy voice. "Morning mama" I say before I turn around to go watch cartoons. I see my father whisper something to my mother.

Fathers POV;
She was praying, praying again and she knows that I don't like that in my house. Don't think that I haven't heard her before. I tell my wife everything and she just says that she's exploring her options. I hate when she takes others side. It may be right but at least give me credit sometimes. I disagree.

"It's my house and she has to learn to respect that, not go hide of in that closet and disobey me.." I say as my voice strains to whisper. "Disobey you?! She's her own person and I think that it's fine, it's not hurting her, and don't let your past effect her future.. ok!??"

Once again, my wife takes her side. I'm baffled by what she's said. "She's my child too, You only count for half." I say. She looks at me and turns away.

"Come on Misty, time to go."

My father must've thought that I didn't heard them argue. I didn't know why he didn't like doing religious things, he never gave a reason and it didn't make sense. Later, When we got to my grandparents house, my mother and father left leaving me clueless and confused.