Chapter 3

One of three boys had accidentally taken the bowling shoes home instead of their own and I didn't notice. I took the shoes and placed them in a special spot behind the counter. I looked up at the clock and saw that it was 10:30. Well they're probably long gone. I thought to myself. I pulled out the form I had asked one of them to fill out earlier. I check the address box and saw that they didn't live too far. A sigh of relief escaped my mouth and I allowed myself to relax. I looked outside to see that it was pouring.

"I can deal with this tomorrow." I muttered to myself and put everything away. I then grabbed my jacket, my bag and an umbrella before exciting the store and locking it up. With that I began to walk home.

•••••

When I got home, I was welcomed with the warm smell of cherries blossoms and jasmine. It's probably a candle. I thought as I put my umbrella down and took off my jacket.

"Eomma?" I yelled out as I walked deeper into the house.

"Yu-Na!" My mother exclaimed when I stepped into the living room. "Your home!" She smiled and came towards me, engulfing me into a hug. "How was your day?" She asked when she let go of me.

I sighed before explaining the whole shoe mix up. "I'm going to deal with it myself tomorrow. Don't tell dad 'till then please."

"It's okay honey. Things like this happen all the time. Your dad's sleeping right now anyway." My mom gave me a warm smile before patting my hands. "Good thing tomorrow's a Saturday then. Your dad's going to be in downtown for the Olympic Athletes council. You will be taking care of the store won't you?"

"Of course I will. It's our family business, how can I not?"

"Are you sure? You don't have any practices or homework or friends or anything?" My mom asked me slyly.

"Eomma, you know I love working at the Bowling place and you also know that my homework and my practices come first before anything. I am completely sure I have nothing tomorrow." My mom giggled at me before getting up. "And friends... I don't know."

My mom shook her head. "Well, come and eat before you go to sleep then."

"It's okay. I ate at the cafe."

"Yu-Na," my mother started sternly.

"I know, I know. It's unhealthy. But I'm full and tired right now." I cut her off and pouted. My mom looked sternly at me for a few more seconds before giving in. She smiled and came towards me for a hug me. I hugged her back and gave her a peck on the cheeks.

"Now go, go. Get some sleep." I pushed her towards her bedroom.

"What about you?" She asked, concerned.

"I have some work to do. Then I'll go sleep. I promise."

"Oh Yu-Na, you push yourself too much." She sighed before walking away.

When she was no longer in the room, I grabbed laptop and started to work on my reports for college.