Chapter 5

I plugged my headphone into my ears as I walked down the streets. My house wasn't too far from our family's bowling place, so I always walked there. When I got there, I realized that I arrived two hours too early. I could do my homework, I thought to myself, or I could go get the bowling shoes back. I decided to go get the bowling shoes back first. I dropped my school bag behind the counter, only keeping my purse and phone with me. When I turned to leave a clap of thunder erupted and a loud pitter patter noise began to drum on the roof of the building.

Sighing, I took the shoes I left behind the counter and placed them in a plastic bag so they wouldn't get wet. I then pulled on a raincoat from the back room and exited the building. Before stepping into the rain I opened up my umbrella and took out my phone. I punched the address into my phone and started to walk.

A while after, I found myself in front of a building that looked like a university dorm. "Well, I guess this is the place," I muttered to myself as I looked down at my phone. "You have arrived at your destination." The automated female voice from my phone stated again. I crumpled my nose in annoyance before pressing 'End Route'.

I looked up at the building one more time before fishing a piece of paper out of my purse. "Apartment G7," I mumbled to myself, as I read what was written on the paper. Sighing, I finally worked up the courage to enter the building and go up to the third floor. I forced myself not to think about the situation too much. "Annyeonghaseyo, annyeonghaseyo, annyeonghaseyo?" My brain failed to listen to me as I repeated the same word many times and tried to choose a greeting.

Interacting with people was never one of my specialties. Working at the bowling place was different since I was used to the scenery and the attitude I presented towards others there was carved into my mind over years of experience there. I usually chose to stay enclosed with myself. Even on the basketball court, I simply played my role as a leader on the court. My teammates and I never had problems with such a simple behavior since it won us many games and gained us quite a few gold medals.

Suddenly I found myself in front of a dark brown door with a gold plate on it. On the gold plate were the characters "G" and "7". "Oh shit," I muttered to myself. Before I knew it, my hand was also pressing the doorbell. The doorbell rang loudly and clearly just as my brain processed what stupid action I had just performed. "I'm insane," I mumbled under my breath, frozen in place.

Seconds later, the door was swung open and in place of the door stood a boy taller than me. "Annyeonghaseyo, can I help you please?" The boy asked me with a confused expression on his face.