Chapter 1

Authors Note

Some of what you read in this story will be considered controversial because of some of the sexual content. I want to state that this is fiction and just because I have written it does not mean I condone anything to do with rape or torture. This an interpretation of what a person can do who is not mentally well and again do not condone. I do not want to receive hate mail or negative comments as they will not be answered or condoned. If you don't like it don't read it. Simple solution. Thank you.

Ana POV

It has been 3 weeks of surviving....barely. Work cry sleep or should I say try to sleep. People look at me and stare, I must have lost about 10 pounds because I can't even think of food. I am barely here. I miss him, but I can't be what he needs and it breaks my heart.

As I take the bus to work because I haven't had the desire to purchase another car I try to avoid any type of human interaction. I don't have it in me to make small talk or smile at people as they greet me on the street. How can everyone be so joyous as my world has ended?

I can't wait for Kate to return from Barbados....she and Elliot have extended their vacation again and I can't tell her while she is enjoying her new relationship "honeymoon". I can't be that downer for her. I never realized how much space a single soul can fill when they were gone. The apartment feels so empty now...

Don't dwell on this before work I think as the bus pulls up to my spot. I can't even enjoy my music anymore cause every song I hear I see his face. Don't go there don't go there I chant in my head.

I get to the door of SIP pause take a deep breath because I'm gonna need all my strength to avoid Jack.

Jack Hyde is the fiction editor who hired me at SIP almost a month ago. Shortly after I left Christian it seems Jack has become even more "friendly" close asking personal questions. I am trying to discourage him without offending him, I mean I don't need a hostile workplace or even worse to lose my job.

I nod to Claire at the front desk and walk to my desk to see what Jack was waiting for me.

"Ana...can you come here for a few"? Jack calls from his office. I sigh "Yes Jack, be right there". This is not how I wanted to start my morning.

"What can I do for you this morning Jack"? "Well, Ana I need reports on these manuscripts by the end of the day.." I look at the stack of 30 manuscripts and blanch. Jack notices "Just first chapters, don't worry" I sigh "Also there is a fiction/non fiction writers symposium next week in New York" "Yes Jack I have already booked your flight and room for that weekend" "Yes Ana I am aware but I noticed you failed to reserve a flight or room for yourself"? I was confused. "I wasn't aware I was to go with you". "Of course my PA has to go as well as this being a learning experience if your desire is true to become an editor". "Yes, Jack that is my dream and goal" Jacks turns away from me not sure why. "Then you need to expose yourself to this world, the network makes contacts with other writers and editors". I think for a minute maybe this is just what I need to take my mind off everything...I take a deep breath "Then yes, of course, I would love to go to the symposium".

Jack POV

"Book your ticket and room for the same as mine we leave Thursday to return Saturday" or Sunday if what I plan happens I think lustily. Just looking at her just breathing, her breasts pushing at the buttons of her blouse makes me instantly aroused. I decide to take a seat as not to let Ana know my wayward thoughts. "Alright Jack I'll take care of this and these chapter reports. Do you need anything before I get started"? She unconsciously bites her lip and my pants get that much tighter...I think yes you could drop to your knees and suck my cock but that would be after this coming trip...."I'll take a coffee black 2 sugars, Thanks, Ana". Ana turns to leave looking at me strangely. She shakes her head and goes to get the coffee.