Chapter 12

Ana POV

We start the journey to the Grey's mansion, I look out the window and watch the scenery change from city to suburbs. We have been driving for about 30 minutes and I start to recognize that we are not too far from our destination. I start to get nervous, the thought of being around people, I try to slow my breathing and heart rate. I am holding Christians hand and as my breathing changes I feel him squeeze my hand in reassurance. I look over at Christian and he smiles at me and I start to relax. Remember Christian will make sure your safe, you will be OK....you know these people. I just hope Mia doesn't rush me please........I don't know if I should mention it to Christian...nope I will play it by ear. I see that we enter the long drive way I look at Christian again and plaster on a smile.  We go to the door and ring the bell, and Grace opens the door. "Hello darlings don't you look beautiful toady" "Hello Dr Grace thank you for inviting me today" as I reach over to hug her lightly. "Nonsense dear, even without Christian you are family" I look at Christians face and see the shock and astonishment at this statement. I blush slightly and giggle as Christian replies "Hello mother" Grace embraces her son and winks at me. "Christian why don't you go into the living room with the others...I am stealing Ana for a moment". I see Christians face fall slightly but does as his mother asks but kisses me briefly on my lips. "Laters baby". I follow Grace into Carrick's office where she has her medical bag. "Ana let me go ahead and check your wounds before dinner and your facial fracture....I won't disturb your make up I promise" Grace takes the arms of my maxi dress and and slips it down to examine the burns. "Mrs Jones put the ointment on after I bathed and dressed the ones that she thought were needed". "Gail did a beautiful job and already I see a difference from yesterday....that is the most amazing thing about the human body our ability to over come and heal ourselves". I nod at her statement and bring the dress back over my body as she probes my face "The swelling has gone down a bit and I feel it starting to fuse....I would like to do an x-ray in about a week to follow the healing process" "OK Grace so I come to the ER when you are on shift"? "Yes my dear and I believe if I know my son he will accompany you". She chuckles knowing Christian so well "I believe you may be right" we leave the office to join the others in the living room.

 As I walk in Kate sees me and come over to hug me. She holds me a little too tight and I flinch in the embrace...Kate notices "I'm sorry Ana I didn't mean to hurt you. How are you doing"? "I'm doing OK, it didn't hurt so much as I am having a hard time with touch. Its going to take time but I'm working on it". As I say this I see the hurt on Kate's face and realize that she understands but is wondering when I will be back to normal......might never happen but it will come to a new normal. After Kate comes up to me, the rest of the family descends upon me. Elliott does a side hug and a kiss on the cheek, Carrick follows suit, but Mia precious Mia came and hugged me lightly and briefly. I really appreciated that. "Thank you everyone for your love and support, this makes it feel like real family". As I say this I look over at Christian and see him smile. He blows me a kiss and I smile. Carrick breaks up the reunion asking if anyone was hungry and talking commenced. I walk to Christian and he holds me close. "That's my brave girl" he whispers in my ear. 

Christian POV

Watching Ana return with my mother she looks good, I notice Kate walking over to hug Ana and I forget to let everyone know she's having issues with touch. Kate hugs Ana and I see her flinch. Kate is confused and a little hurt....I understand my baby's issue....I have this issue she just doesn't have it as bad, I hope. Everyone looks at the exchange and I see they understand what has changed. I start to realize how special my family is and am even more grateful that Grace and Carrick adopted me. After everyone greets Ana she walks over to me "That's my brave girl" I whisper in her ear and I am rewarded with a smile and a quick peck on the lips. We head out to the patio to watch Dad bar-be-que steaks and chicken with his special sauce and rub. We sat watching the family interact laughing occasionally at Elliott. Dad calls me over to see what he's doing on the grill, as I leave Mia walks over to Ana. She starts talking to her and Ana smiles. Seeing her like this reminds me of the woman I fell in love with. Kate walk over to join the conversation and I realize my mother was right. This is what Ana needed.