Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Percy's POV

After my dinner with Annabeth. I went back home. I found my dad sitting on the couch. He was watching tv.

"Hey dad, what's up?"

"Hey Perce, what have you been doing?"

"Nothing, just had dinner at a friend's place."

"Oh, cool. Hope you had fun."

"Yeah, we did. I going to go to bed now, goodnight dad."

"Night son."

I brushed my teeth and changed into my pjs. I climbed into bed. I sat there thinking about what happened. I kissed Annabeth. She kissed back. It was an accident, because of the spaghetti. Does she love me. Maybe not. Possibly. Hmm... I fell asleep.

The next morning, I woke up and ran downstairs to have breakfast. I saw my father waiting there.

"Morning, dad."

"Morning, Perce."

He was reading the daily newspaper while I was toasting bread for breakfast. I pulled out two plates and put the bread on them. I spread some butter on the bread.

After having breakfast, I drove to Annabeth's place to pick her up and take us to camp. As I was driving, I wondered who was the person I was going to marry. Will she be pretty. Maybe she would be nice. Hmm...

I reached her house and rang the doorbell. Annabeth said she was off today. The door opened. A beautiful smile greeted mine.

"Hi, Percy. We going to camp?"

"Yup, come on, let's go."

When we were in the car, I realized how much I liked being with her. I liked her sitting by my side and smiling. Her smile lit up my world.

We finally got to camp. As soon as we walked in, we found everyone looking very angry.

"Guys, what happened?" I asked.

"The Romans are challenging us to a sing-off in the park." Thalia said angrily.

"Ok, then let's go."

We hopped in our van and drove to the park. We found the Romans waiting there.

"So, is our so called competition here?" Octavian sneered.

"Yes, and we are going to kick your butts." I said.

The Romans started singing. We began singing too. At first, trying to outdo each other in volume and projection. Next, how good we sounded. Then, complicated songs we could sing. We both sounded pretty good. This made me hate them even more.

"See you, Greeks, at the competition." Octavian said.

"Later." I replied.

We walked away coolly. Our driver picked us up with his van. We drove back to Camp.

"Guys, they're good." Piper said.

"No kidding." said Nico angrily.

"Don't worry guys. We got this. Let's work hard to keep our home!" I pumped a fist in the air.

Everyone responded with cheers of "Yeah, we got this." to "Yay!" While we were drive back to camp, we talked about dance moves for the contest. We had to win.

Once we got back to camp, we began coordinating dances to our group song, 'Dynamite.'

I came to dance, dance, dance, dance,