Chapter 16

Chapter 16

One week after getting back from the honeymoon...

Percy's POV

We just got back from the honeymoon. Annabeth and I have been living at my dad's house until we bought our own. Today we were going house-shopping. We finally earned enough money to buy a house.

Annabeth was already downstairs. While she was making breakfast, she was talking to a real estate agent to look at houses. Our agent's name was Angela. She was really nice. First, Angela took us to a house near the city.

"What do you think?" Angela asked.

The house was big, but I didn't like it. It was basically an apartment. One bedroom, one bathroom, a small kitchen, tiny dining room. There was a terrace, but since it was in the city, it didn't have a swimming pool. The house was cheap though, $150,000. I glanced at Annabeth. She didn't seem to like the house either. We wanted a house close to camp and overlooking the beach. Since the camp was near a Long Island beach, that would make it easier to find a house. Unfortunately for us, we didn't want an apartment.

"It's nice, but it's just not right for us." Annabeth said.

"I like the fact that it has a terrace." I said.

"And the bedroom's kinda small."

"I wanted a swimming pool."

"Ok, I'm sure we can find something." Angela told us.

We drove to a beach. There was a small house that was close to the shore. Angela took out her keys and opened the door. We stepped inside. I liked this house. It was open-concept, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a large dining room and big kitchen, with a pantry. The house overlooked the beach, was ten minutes away from camp and had a terrace. Also, it was $200,000. This house was perfect.

"I like this one." I whispered to Annabeth.

"Me too." she whispered back.

"So what do you think?" Angela asked.

"I think it's great." I said.

"So far its meeting all my qualifications." Annabeth said.

"Great! Let's take a look at the last house shall we?" Angela exclaimed.

We drove to one close to the beach, but far from camp. It was bigger than all the house we've seen. Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, huge dining room, large kitchen, plus two extra rooms, but the price was a bit high, $450,000.

"Angela, I like this house but it's just too big. We don't need all that space." Annabeth said.

"It's kind of far from Long Island." I said.

"Ok." Angela replied, "Which house do you like?"

Annabeth and I looked at each other. We came to the same conclusion.

"House #2." we said at the same time.

"Ok, I'm going to call the seller."

Angela took out her phone and called. Thankfully, they gave us the house for $200,000, and we had more than enough money leftover.

After buying the house, we drove back to my dad's place and picked up our stuff. We moved everything into the new house. After unpacking and organizing everything, Annabeth and I stepped onto the terrace and sang proudly.

Wise men say

only fools rush in

But I can't help falling in love with you