4 April 2017 | 👙

THE FOLLOWING DAY I arrive at the swimming centre bleachers to find the boy who returned my pencil sitting on the top bench, back resting against the wall.

I find it a tad strange that in the weeks I've been coming here I haven't once seen him, yet I've now encountered this rather handsome man twice in two days.

I rack my brain trying to remember the name printed on his sweater, but all I come up with is the first letter: A. Not being able to recall it is going to bug me, but even though he's wearing the same blue zip-up today, I can't see his name with his back pressed up against the wall.

As I climb up the bleachers, I notice A's reading a novel, immersed in another world and too lost in it to notice me staring. Raising one hand to his short blonde locks, he scratches his head, eyes never leaving the page in front of him.

Settling into my usual spot four rows down from the top, I shrug my backpack off and into my lap to retrieve my homework. As finished as I am with this term, I know these last few grades of my undergraduate degree are crucial, especially since I'm still waiting to hear back from grad schools.

Only four weeks to go, I remind myself. Four more weeks of assignments, exams, late nights, and early mornings before graduation.

With that thought in mind, I set to work on finishing one of the final few assessments of my degree.