11. brooklyn

When they arrived on campus, Landon had disappeared almost immediately, leaving Brooklyn all alone in the sea of students. He moved through the crowd with his head down, not that it fixed anything. He could still feel the stares of the other kids on him as he slipped inside the school.

After stopping at his locker and blushing at the cards that fell out, he moved swiftly to his first period of the day, which he happened to share with the girl who hated his guts.

Fantastic, he thought.

/

When he walked through the door, he didn't see Amelia right away. He wasn't exactly early, but he wasn't late either. Brooklyn just shrugged his shoulders and took his seat in the middle of the classroom and waited for the teacher to begin class.

Just as attendance was being called, Amelia walked into the room with her head down. She looked up to apologize to the teacher and accidentally made eye contact with Brooklyn. The very second their eyes locked, she dropped her gaze and quickly took her seat towards the front.

Brooklyn frowned. He thought he was a least slightly forgiven for what happened the day before. Why was she being cold to him now?

After giving her lecture for the day, their teacher gave the students worksheets and sent them off to work together. The other kids in the class began to mod around to wherever their friends were. Brooklyn took the chance to ask Amelia what was wrong.

Because he was anything if not kind.

Cautiously, he moved to the now empty seat next to her. "So," he began. "how are you doing today?"

For a while, she didn't respond. Then, she sighed, "Fine. Now will you please leave me alone?"

Brooklyn bit his lip, "Did I do anything?"

She just shook her head.

"Are you made at someone?"

Another shake of her head.

"Are you sur-"

"You know what?" She snapped. "I am mad at you! Why couldn't you leave me alone! Why'd you send your guard dog after me? Huh?" Her voice wasn't too much over a whisper, but she might as well have slapped Brooklyn in the face.

"W-w-what?" He whispered.

Amelia rolled her eyes, "You know, Landon? Your body guard? If you wanted me to leave you alone, you should have just said so to my face instead of having someone corner me in the bathroom."

And with that, she turned back to her work and didn't speak again. And she didn't need to, because Brooklyn had heard more than enough.

And it seemed like he needed to have a quick chat with his best friend.

/

Brooklyn and Landon didn't share too many classes, however, one they did share was gym.

The duo met up in front of the bathroom closest to the gym like they always did and  walked to their next class together. Brooklyn didn't say a word to Landon the entire walk to the locker rooms and ignored the worried looks of his best friend. His mind was still locked on his earlier conversation with Amelia.

They walked in the room and moved towards the back corner. Brooklyn always had the worst phobia of undressing in front of others and Landon served as his "shield" of sorts, though his physique did make him feel self conscious.

As more of the boys dressed and left, Brooklyn cleared his throat and raised an eyebrow at his friend.

"What?" Landon said.

Brooklyn sighed as he kicked off his shoes and started to undo his jeans. "Why did you do it?"

Landon frowned, "Do what?"

"Why did you have to corner Amelia like that! We had a agreement!"

"What agreement?" Landon shot back. "That she can say what she wants and you have to take it? No way in hell I was letting that happen."

Brooklyn let out a frustrated groan and pulled up his shorts. "You can't protect me from everything!"

"I can damn well try!"

Brooklyn tore off his shirt and let out a bitter laugh. "Have fun trying to protect me from all the kids who love the idea that my 'guard dog' was messing around with my 'sworn enemy'!" Brooklyn could feel his throat closing. "Do you have any idea how it feels to hear kids talking about how you best friend would choose "a quick lay" over y-"

Landon had Brooklyn pinned to a locker and was mere inches from his face. "Never." He growled out. "Never in a million years would I choose anyone over you!"

Brooklyn licked his lower lip and let his eyes drift to the ceiling, "Do you know how many people are talking about how you must've gotten tired of me? That you were tired of having a little boy toy?" He whispered.

"B, I'm so sorry for this." He sighed. "But I'm not sorry for what I did. I know you hate it, but I hate the thought of anyone hurting you and getting away with it!"

Brooklyn let his head drop silently.

"Come on, let's go out before Mr. Ronald gets mad again." And with that, Landon (much against Brooklyn's embarrassed pleas) helped Brooklyn into his gym shirt and tied his shoes. He then grabbed his hand and dragged him out with Brooklyn complaining about him being treated like a child.
/
/
/
so so sorry about not updating!! i know everyone says this, but school sucks majorly. BUT spring break is in two weeks which means more updates!!

Question; do you ship brooklyn with amelia or landon or both?