12. amelia

It was more than safe to say the Amelia hated high school.

Not because of the teacher (though they did contribute), or the food, or even the work itself. What she really hated about high school was the kids.

Not all of them were bad, a few of them she could tolerate. However, most of them made her want to pull her hair out.

The whisper of the teenagers around her felt like screams as she walked past them with her head help high. She caught a few words every now-and-then. They mostly consisted of the same thing;

'Is that her?'

'Isn't he his best friend?

'How could they do that to him?'

'Drama alert!'

'Well, they're both attractive, so it makes sense.'

Each word made her want to both throw up and punch them all in the face. What right did they have to talk about her like that? Like they knew her and her story?

Angrily, Amelia gripped her things closer to her body and moved to her next-and one of her favorite-class; art. The simple thought of seeing her favorite teacher calmed her slightly.

She sped up as she neared the class and pushed the door open. A few kids were there before her, but she paid them no mind before taking her seat and waiting for class to officially begin.

The bell rang, startling a few of the kids who were already beginning to doze off. Her teacher, Mr. Collins, stood and walked over to the center of the class.

He was a rather short man. His skin was a deep chocolate and his head shined brighter than the lights on the ceiling. He wore one of his usual suits and stood up straight as if he was a solider waiting for orders.

"Today", he began, "we're starting a new project. You will be required to crate a still-life like the ones we've been studying. I've allowed you all to have full creative control on this project, it can be something traditional like fruit, or more complex. You have two weeks to complete it. Do your best." And with that, he sat at his desk in the corner of the room and began to type on his computer.

Almost immediately, all the students sprang into action. They all grabbed a piece of white paper that resembled a poster and their needed supplies before sitting at their blank canvases.

Amelia stared at her's for a long time before giving up. Nothing came to mind when she looked at her canvas. Two weeks seemed like a lot of time, but piled up with other classes and at-home things, she knew she needed to hurry and get an idea. But, alas, she had nothing.

Lost in her own mind, Amelia didn't notice the person coming closer to her until a hand was on her shoulder. She jumped up and whipped around to find the face of a dark-skinned girl with her hands up in surrender.

"Hey, sorry." She began. "I didn't mean to scare you but I had to get the story straight."

Amelia frowned, "What story?"

"Y'know, the one about you and the Pretty Boy and his boyfriend."

Amelia could feel her face heating up as she thought about today and the one before. "There's nothing to talk about."

The girl rolled her chocolate eyes, "Look, I've heard about 200 different rumors in the past twenty minutes and it's getting annoying. I want to hear the truth, and who better than the person who experienced it?"

"You want to hear my side?"

"That's what I said."

Amelia was slightly dumbfounded. Since the rumors started, no one's bothered to ask her about what happened. Not one person. It was...relieving.

So for the next twenty minutes, Amelia and her new friend-who's name, she learned, was Alicia-talked about what was now the biggest drama in sophomore year and how nosy the teens were.

They talked and talked, completely forgetting the project at hand, until the class bell rang. After putting up their supplies, they met in front the door.

"Hey, you want to each lunch with me and my friends?" Amelia asked.

Alicia pretended to think about it before shrugging. "Sure, why not? Might as well bless some more people with my presence."

Amelia laughed and together the new friends walked through the halls, ignoring the rude stares and harsh whispers of the teenagers around them.
/
/
/
/
hello, hi.
yeah so, i'm alive and writing again. school sucks, but i'm now mentally prepared to fail every test so it's fine.
a couple more weeks and it's updates at least every other week!!

but, yeah. anyone hate amelia? or do you think she's just like us (fed up with humanity, stressed tf out, etc)

anyone like alicia? wanna see more? less?
do you have a friend like her?