Chapter Twelve

You know that first time, the first time he said he was going to kill me. I was scared. Now I'm terrified. I started to breathe heavily, rocking myself back and forth. An idea. I have to get out of here. He should still be an hour out. I got time. I ran towards the door and twisted the door knob. Locked. I ran back over to the windows and saw no latch on them to lift them up. Damn it!

I banged on the window seeing if it would break. Nothing. I stared around and then looked at Plagg. He mewed, his tail moving at a fast pace as he sat down on a windowsill. I ran over and the window was cracked open. I lifted it, struggling a bit and then the wind had hit my face. It was cold out but I couldn't care, I had to get out.

I climbed out the window. The cat mewed jumping out as well. "I'm sorry Plagg I-I have to go"

He mewed and I stepped fully outside. Then I ran. I ran like my life depended on how many miles I went. The thing is maybe it did. I kept going turning corners across Italys confusing streets.

Eventually it started to rain and I had to run through it for a while until I reached some cover in an alley. The phone in my pocket rang and I froze at the ID caller. I mean who else even knows the number to even call it?

"Hello?"

"Where the hell are you? Did you fucking escape through the window?"

"I'm not telling you where I am! Your an idiot! Your the one who kidnapped me remember?"

"Get back here right now! It's not safe out there!"

"I am not coming back!" I stared to walk out of the alley way and my attention was to the floor.

"Get back here or so help me I-" I felt someone from behind grab me. I screamed dropping the phone and hearing Adrien's muffled voice from it.

I struggled trying to punch and kick from them and their hand covered my mouth. "Don't worry Marinette. I'm not gonna kill you. Yet" I shivered at the low voice and felt a sharp sting in my neck and I went down under.

~

Adrien

I managed to get away from all the crowds and slide into the janitors closet. I decided to call Marinette. She didn't answer. That's weird. I called again and after three rings she picked up.

"H-hello?" Immediately I sighed in relief.

"Hey Bugaboo. You got me worried the first time you didn't answer, you alright?"

I heard her cough, her voice weary. "Ya..Peachy" I started to put the pieces together.

"Mari have you been crying?" Immediately I got real worried.

"No" her voice croaked. She isn't going to tell me I got to get it out of her.

"Marinette damnit tell me now! Is it Volpina?"

"No" my eyebrows knitted together in annoyance.

"Is someone inside the house?"

"No!"

"Then what is it?"

"It's-"

"It's what?" 

"I-I.."

"Stop it with the gibberish and use your fucking mouth Marinette" I snapped and immediately had regretted it right after.

"I just saw my parents on the news and I fucking miss them! I'm fucking upset over  the fact that im being held fucking captive by a guy who dresses up in a cat costume! IM FUCKING UPSET CHAT!" She gasped afterwords and I went silent. She doesn't get it.

"Adrien I'm sorry I-"

"I'll be back tonight" my voice went stern.

"I'm sorry I-i didn't mea-" I hanged up on her and stormed out of the janitors closet. It was in between classes so I had to push some people out of the way. That's when Nino came into view, concern written all over.

"Hey man. What's up with you? Every since you got back from your trip you've been acting weird" I narrowed my eyes at him. Remember he's just trying to be a friend. I sighed and then clasped a hand on his shoulder.

"Nino I'm fine really. I just uh keep getting called by my dad. I have to go now, tell teach?"

"Yeah okay man" I gave him a fake smile and then ran out of the school.

~

I barged into the house and searched around. "Mari? Mari!" I ran upstairs searching every room. She's gone!

"Fuck!" I looked around and saw the open window. I grabbed my phone running a hand through my hair. She picked up after the second ring.

I looked out as it started to rain. "Hello?"

"Where the hell are you? Did you fucking escape through the window?"

"I'm not telling you where I am! Your an idiot! Your the one who kidnapped me remember?"

"Get back here right now! It's not safe out there!" I yelled back. She doesn't know.

"I am not coming back!"

"Get back here or so help me I-" I heard her scream and then her muffled voice. She seemed to be fighting something, rather someone.

"Mari! Marinette!" I heard a thump of a body hit the floor by the phone. Then a voice.

"Good after noon Chat Noir"

"You basterd! What have you done with her?" There was a pause.

"She's safe. For now" I gritted my teeth.

"Let her go you fiend!"

"Calm down Chat. Your girl is fine. But not for long. Meet me at the leaning tower in a week from today to receive your girl"

"What's the catch?"

I could almost picture this man grinning. "You caught me. Catch is if you want the girl, you reveal your identity to the world" my jaw dropped and my fist clutched around my phone.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Goodbye Chat"

"Don't take her awa-" the click sounded and the man hung up. I felt my throat sting.

The Akuma's took her. This means Gang war.