Hawking Tokens

"My partner is missing," Feynriel says

Varric's leather creaks when he balls up his fists. Stomping the Tevinter's nose into splinters would relieve the ache he feels in the back of his neck, but wouldn't save his end goal. Instead, Varric pretends his fist already met Feynriel's face.

"Good luck," Varric says. "You just ousted our roadmap."

"All the more reason not to separate."

"I count several reasons to leave you under a rock."

Varric examines his splashed coat; it's not as soaked through as the many times he explored the Storm Coast involuntarily.

"Not many with good intentions travel the Fade," Solas says. "Who exactly are you?"

"Establish trust. Okay. I'm a Dreamer, tasked with urgent business."

"A Dreamer?" Solas exclaims. "A rare gift. It makes sense how you travel so freely, though Dreamers usually dream through the Fade, not venture in person."

"No, I wouldn't be here in person if my business was as urgent as I say. During my travels, I got thrown off course, with my partner nowhere to be seen."

"Will your partner be all right?" Cassandra asks.

"I don't know. I must find him quickly, or I'm afraid he'll be stuck here forever without my help."

"We'll be stuck here forever because of your help," Solas snaps.

"Thanks, but no thanks, Feynriel," Varric says.

"We must press on, Varric," Cassandra says. "Idleness begets failure."

"Varric?" Feynriel says, looking him over. "You. You were with the Champion of Kirkwall." He gasps. "That's why you're here! Thank the Maker!"

"You know about Hawke?" Cassandra asks.

"I smell a deal," Varric says.

"A repair," Feynriel offers. "I told you I can fix this and I will. You want to save Hawke. All of Thedas knows the Inquisitor left her here. My urgent business might relate to that."

"Tell me, Precious, were you going to inform us before or after that other people are searching for Hawke?"

"Not everyone is. Just us, so far. But I don't think everyone will be able to find her, or is allowed to."

"What do you mean?"

"I stumbled across something. Something not meant for me. Now that I've met you, I know why."

Solas cuts in. "A piece of the Fade meant specifically for Varric?"

"You have to see it to believe it."

"I have to believe you first," Varric says.

"Faith comes before belief," Cassandra says. "Varric, I am with you which ever you decide. But I think we should take the chance. If it goes wrong, we'll deal with it. Anything's easier than the horde of demons."