Entrustments Not Enchantments

"Yours is the first I'll break if this is another trick," Cassandra says with the 'pointy-end' of sword at Feynriel

She'd never admit it was cute when Varric used the term in jest of how she deals with the world's problems. It seems fitting now to fix the current dilemma with a swift poke. She wishes her training granted telepathy, or a heightened falsehood detection spell. For now, she must take an apostate's word for it—two apostates now—that Varric has reached his final test. And it's up to them to defend him until he's done. Or dead.

It's good Solas and the Dreamer showed finally. She caught her fourth wind upon seeing them cut through the monstrous sea.

Her shield gets heavy in moments of peace in the battle. She prefers to be swarmed so she doesn't notice how long she's had it up. No other woman has shoulders quite like hers—no other woman bears a kite shield all day, and most nights. Thankfully, the Inquisitor customized this one with a stronger metal that's lighter in weight, but anything can overwhelm if you hold onto it forever. She prays Varric gets over Bianca for Hawke's sake.

The demons refuse to run and so she will not either. As long as Solas keeps up, and Feynriel doesn't stab them in the back, they should endure.

A pride demon scoffs at her, rippling with electricity—how tiresome. She's already killed two. Every kill brings knowledge of weak points and she knows them all. And she hasn't even dug into Varric's duster yet. She hopes it doesn't smell as bad as she thinks.

"What's the plan, Seeker?" Solas asks.

She watches Cole shift through the horde, breaking them down in bits, priming them for her. She will also not admit he's useful, but perhaps he already knows what she thinks, and is kind not to mention it.

"We are to hold here," she says, in between taunts to divert attention from Cole. "Until Varric comes back with Hawke."

"You really are off your head," Feynriel says.

Cassandra and Solas match glares but suddenly Feynriel disturbs her predisposition.

He grins. "For Hawke." He spins his staff, then locks it behind along his shoulder, and enters a long front stance.

"Don't miss," she says.

"Haven't yet."

The boy from the tales of the Champion. After he left for Tevinter, no one knew what happened. She can guess now or find out just how he's treated his gift of new life bestowed on him by Hawke in the field of battle. It's where everyone learns who they really are, and everyone sees who they really are.

Solas drops a barrier.

Cassandra stares the pride demon down, eyes above her shield, sword ready along the side. Feynriel sticks to the bridge while Cole dances and disappears. And Solas stays between her and Feynriel. She accepts this strategy and charges the demon.