✗2

Katrina, uncomfortably had to sit next to Rodrick who kicked her foot about twelve times. Each time she would rib shot him with her elbow but he seemed pretty unphased. It annoyed her that he wasn't annoyed, she was used to a reaction but he must be immune to these type of actions because of his younger brother. So she got no reaction and had no interest in anything the parents were talking about. Even when she tried to pull her cell phone out under the table her mother would be ready with a death glare. It was family rule for no phones to be allowed at dinner. She was beyond bored until her mother finally spoke up to direct her.

"Honey why don't you go show Rodrick your guitars and music." She said.

'Fuck.' Kat thought to herself as she got out of her chair quickly and rushing up the stairs. Rodrick snidely followed her, this was the most interested he's been all night.

"Let me see your cute guitars princess." He said in her ear as she opened her bedroom door.

"They aren't cute and don't ever call me princess." She said shoulder hitting him and walking in. He closed the door behind him and right away started to examine her collection.

"Epiphone Les Paul? My band mate raves about this thing all the time." Rodrick said looking at the black and white beauty hanging on the wall.

"My papa gave it to me for my 17th birthday, my best music is played on that thing." Kat answered also taking in its gorgeous features.

"What music you play? I heard Seven Nation Army, but that's just a basic." Rodrick scoffed jumping onto her bed. She sat next to him and plays at the laces of her boots.

"Rolling Stones, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Who, The Killers, The XX, Led Zepplin, AC/DC, Journey, The Outlaws, The Ramones, if it's on a Forever 21 t-shirt, odds are I play their songs." Kat responded confidently crossing her legs.

"Damn." Rodrick said biting his lip, looking less impressed than he actually was. "Well me and my band play original stuff."

"That's pretty cool." Kat said trying to be the bigger person against his arrogance.

"Wait you think so?" He asked surprised.

"I'd love to hear you and whoever play sometime, what's your band na–"

"Löded Diper." He finished for her.

"What an odd name." Kat answered back raising an eyebrow.

"Well we are pretty hardcore, maybe too much for you to handle."

"Don't tell me what I can and can't handle." She answered back feeling threatened.

"That's not what I meant but whatever." He said rolling his eyes.

"So what instrument do you play for the band?" She asked settling down.

"Drums. Lead drummer." He answered back with a devious smile slash grin.

"Last time I checked most bands only have one drummer anyway, why specify with 'lead'?" She asked starting be even more unamused.

"Well my bad princess, but I am still the lead drummer so.." he said as Kat furiously looked at him.

"I told you not to call me that." She said grabbing at the sleeve of his faded t-shirt.

"You pretend to be such a badass, it's an act Kat, everyone sees it." He said laughing.

"God you are really unbearable." Kat mutters standing up to get away from the boy. "Probably why your band doesn't have a single groupie."

"We do too have groupies!" Rodrick furiously fought back.

"I doubt it." Kat answered crossing her arms and looking at him.

"You know I am getting this feeling from you." He said standing up to get close to her.

"Care to share this feeling?" She scoffs back stepping another few steps back.

"I bet you're into me." He said finally getting so close she is resorted to pushing herself closely to the wall.

"In your dreams diaper boy." She said.

"I know you want me." He said getting close to her ear.

"Knock it off Rodrick, can't fool yourself for too long." Kat said playing along with his bad boy antics.

"One day, you'll see." He said backing off and heading towards the door.

"So are you going to invite me to your band practice?" Kat asked getting back on the subject of his apparent successful band.

"Whenever you want Kitty, just listen for us playing sick tunes from my garage." He winked at her, "my family is leaving now so.."

"Okay bye." Kat said turning her back.

"You know it was actually nice to meet you, you seem pretty cool." He said which made her turn back around to face the teenage boy again.

"Well, thanks." She started to think about it for a second until she finally spoke up, " I guess you're pretty cool too."

"I know I am."