Chapter One

There she is, captivating him once again. Her charcoal hair in her usual ponytail, and matching eyes. She's wearing the school uniform, and she's running to him, about to kiss him. But his alarm always woke him up before they could lock lips. 

Taro slammed the clock. "Damn it!" he yelled. Why did it always have to end that way?

He put his face in his pillow and wanted to fall asleep again, to his dreams, where he would see that girl again. He never knew her name, but he must've seen her at school somewhere. He was sure. He never felt this strong about a girl or a boy, even though he only saw her in his dreams. 

But today was the first day of school, and maybe, just maybe, he could find the person that has been living in his dreams since the beginning of break. 

His younger brother, Hanakō walked in, still in his night clothes. "Taro, are you awake? Hurry and get up, you have to go in an hour!"

Taro groaned. "Don't worry, I'll be ready in a couple of minutes."

"Well then get up!" he said and then left his room.

Taro still stayed there for a couple more minutes, thinking about her. She seemed so real the first day he saw her in his dreams. He even tried to call her before he realized that she was only a character in his dreams. 

He finally got up, picked his school uniform, and walked to the bathroom across the hall. He took a shower and dressed in his clothes.

He went to his room and packed his textbooks in his school bag. Taro still had a little over half an hour. Maybe he should go back to sleep and take a short nap...

After all, he did want to see that girl again. 

***

She is standing there, but she's wearing another outfit. A dress. 

And he finds it beautiful.

It's a white dress with laces, and it reaches to her knees. Her hair is down. He wants to reach out to her, to touch her face, and kiss her. But he can't. And there is another boy with her. 

And he is the one touching her. 

A rage boils in his stomach. He is touching her. 

He wants to throw him off her. He wants for her to only love him.

She doesn't have a choice. 

***

Taro wakes up, and he checks the clock. 

"Crap!" he screams. It's 8:15. Why didn't anyone wake him?

He jumps out of his bed and grabs his school bag, running down the stairs, and grabbing a piece of toast from a plate. 

"Taro! Why aren't you at school already?! Hanakō already left! Hurry, you're gonna be late for the entrance ceremony!" his mom exclaims.

"I know, I know!" he says, slightly muffled from the toast in his mouth. He runs out into the street, barely looking where he was going, and trying to eat his toast. 

Without looking, he bumps into another person. Taro falls down, and the toast flew from his mouth. Damn it, he was looking forward to something to eat. He rubs his head. 

The person who he bumped into stands up and offers him a hand. Taro looks at their face. 

And it's the girl from his dreams. 

Taro stares for a moment, mesmerized. Is this really her? His face was red, and he tried to look away.

"I'm so sorry! Are you okay? I was running late for school! Here, take my hand," she offers