Chapter Five

A/N: Sorry I didn't update sooner! There was no internet or wifi on my computer so I couldn't type anything and writing on my tablet was just a mess. Again, sorry!

Dreams can either make sleeping like a wonderful fairytale, or it can make you stay up all night, terrified of what's just around the corner.

The latter happened for Taro.

The scene isn't completely black though. It's in a room, probably the basement, Taro thinks because there are no windows. And there's a chair in the middle of the room. And his Kohai is bounded to it, wrists and ankles tied to the arms and legs of the chair. Her head is hanging down, and instead of screaming, little whimpers escaped her lips. And again, he couldn't move; he was useless.

A chuckle-that chuckle he heard last night- echoes through the basement. Ayano's head jerks up, eyes wide and skin paler than usual, and he sees little bruises and scratches on them. "N-no!" she stammered. "Stay back! Get away from me!" she yells.

"Why, sweetheart? I thought you wanted us to be like this. I thought you liked this," the male voice said. 

"I enjoy this? How the fuck am I supposed to enjoy all this? Do you think this is fun?!" she yells at him. 

"Now, sweetheart, stop that. You know I don't like it when you scream and yell at me like that." 

"That's the point! And stop calling me sweetheart!"

The hooded person steps out of the shadows, but Taro still can't see him. He stands directly in front of Ayano.

"Don't you remember us?"

"I don't even know you! Just let me go!" she screams, wiggling around with her restraints. 

"Hm, no. I don't think so, sweetheart. I'd like to play with you a little longer," he said, walking around her. He still couldn't see his face, like where his face was supposed to be was a black blur. 

Her eyes got wide and her skin got paler. "No! Please, no! I'll do anything if you let me go! I won't tell anyone, I swear!"

The male stopped. "Anything, huh?" he said. Then he lowered his head so that his mouth was near Ayano's ear. "How about we-"

He didn't know what he said after that, because the next thing he knew, he was being woken up by Hanakō, who was shaking him. 

"Taro? Taro! Wake up!" Hanakō said anxiously. "You kept on screaming, 'No, no, no!' over and over again. Did you have a bad dream? Are you okay?"

Taro nodded slowly. "It was just a bad dream, Hanakō. Now go, we have school and you have to go to school early. I'll see you in the morning."

"Okay. But remember, I'm right next to you if you need anything. Goodnight," Hanakō said. 

"'Night, Hanakō."

When he finally left, Taro tried to go back to sleep, but it was useless. Every time he would drift off, he would always hear the sound of that terrifying chuckle and he would jerk back awake. He kept checking his phone to see what time it was-2:00; 3:00; 4:00-anything to keep him awake. 

It seemed like when he could finally get some peaceful rest, he shut his eyes for only a second before  Hanakō came bursting in. 

"Rise and shine!" he exclaimed, jumping on top of Taro. 

"Hanakō, what the hell? It's literally still dark outside. Let me sleep!"

He picks his head off and looks at Taro quizzingly. "Did you get any sleep after you woke up in the middle of the night?" he asked.