Chapter Four

Shiro heard a knock his door.

That was new, for the past week, he hadn't left his room, but no one bothered to actually check on him.

Hunk left food goo by his door around dinner time each night. Sometimes he would eat it. But that was all the interaction he would get.

"Shiro?" He heard Keith call.

Keith. He hadn't seen him at all after he got out of the pod.

"Please... I know you're in there."

Shiro didn't respond. He didn't even make a sound. His heart was too broken to speak.

"People are been asking where you've been."

People. His team. Realization came to him. He was the leader of Voltron, and right now, he practically disappeared from all of them.

"They say we should have courage, and I know your trying to."

Courage. Something he didn't have. Something Shiro didn't have without Pidge. When he was around her, he felt like he could do anything.

But now... Now that he felt like he betrayed her... It's gone...

"I'm right out here for you..."

He couldn't lean onto someone else. He was the leader. He should be strong.

"Just let me in..."

Keith sighed as he leaned his head against the door. Keith needed someone to talk to someone. He couldn't handle this burden alone. But he couldn't talk to just anyone. Most of them wouldn't understand, but he knew Shiro might.

He knew Pidge would know how he felt.

Pidge was like a very close sister to him. Closer than any of the other Paladins. Pidge and Keith would talk for hours about anything. They would talk about pains, joys, hopes, dreams, pasts. Pidge was also they only person on the ship that knew he was gay, but she didn't judge him. Actually, she was okay about it.

"Hey, Pidge?" Keith said as he was fidgeting with his blanket as he sat on his bed.

"Yeah?" She replied laying on the floor of Keith's room, her limbs sprawled out as she looked at him.

"I need to tell someone or I'll go insane." Keith said starting to get quieter.

Pidge immediately sat up and tilted her with a smile plastered on her face. She loved dirty secrets. "Tell someone what?"

Keith took a deep breath in than let it all out. He looked downwards towards his feet. "I'm... uhm..."

"You're what?"

"...gay..."

She didn't reply. This scared Keith. Was she never going to talk to him anymore?

He than heard a huge sigh. "Good." Pidge said.

Keith looked at her a little confused. "What?"

"I mean, recently I thought that you might be developing feeling for me, but since you're gay, I know that those feeling are just as best friends or siblings." Pidge commented.

"So, you are not mad?" Keith questioned.

"Why would I be? Plus, we can talk about boys together. You know, if we wanted to." Than Pidge stood up and sat right next to Keith. "You know," She than leaned against his shoulder. "if you got anyone you have in mind."

Keith's face immediately turned red. "No, I don't." He than folded his arms as Pidge stood up and went back to sitting on his floor. "Not unless, you have someone in you mind too."