𝟎𝟒. 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐒

ECLIPSE.
[ "DANCES WITH WOLVES" ]

"NO OFFENCE KAI, BUT YOUR CREEPY FAMILY HOME IS NOT A PLACE I WANNA STAY IN

"NO OFFENCE KAI, BUT YOUR CREEPY FAMILY HOME IS NOT A PLACE I WANNA STAY IN."

"I know, it's not exactly a 5-star hotel, but give it a chance." Kai pushed open the scratched white door, holding it for Camila as he strolled through the hallways nonchalantly. "Why are we here anyway?"

"I need to look for the ascendant, take a few grimoires and be in a place that doesn't smell like Damon's pancakes." Camila tilted her head in understanding to the latter part of the statement. "The ascendant's not here."

"What, you get a tingle when you're around magical relics or do you just wanna crush my hope?"

"When your magic is as fine-tuned as mine, maybe you'll be able to naturally locate things one day. Of course, you have a long way to go..." Camila pushed herself off of the doorway she was resting on and continued to loiter throughout the house. "You are quite the feisty one, aren't you?"

"What do we do without an ascendant, Kai?" Camila huffed, ignoring his teasing. "Don't say my name like that."

"Like what?"

"Like you're hoping I have some genius plan. That's a lot of pressure on one guy, I can't disappoint the pretty girl." Kai winked, walking past Camila into the kitchen and pulling open the half-empty fridge. "How the hell do expiry dates work in this place? Like, this stuff is over 18 years old but technically it's only expiring tomorrow which is never in prison world time."

"Kai!" The boy spun around with pots of yoghurt in his hands, not understanding the exasperation of his female counterpart. "What?"

"I don't care about the stupid expiry dates, I wanna go home and you're not helping." Kai peeled the foil wrapper off of the tub, grabbing a silver spoon from the drawer beside him. "Relax, princess."

"Don't call me that."

"Someone is uptight. Need me to help you relax?" Kai raised his eyebrows, puckering his lips and exaggerating the sound of kissing. The only response Camila could muster was a grunt before she spun on her heel climbing the stairs of the Parker house.

Pushing open the first door on the right of the stairs, Camila entered the room she could only presume belonged to Kai's two youngest siblings. The room was split in half, one side completely pink and the other completely blue. "1994 was a sucker for gender stereotypes," Camila muttered, eyeing the objects in the room.

A photo frame broke the line of dust on top of the nightstand between the twins' bed. Picking it up, Camila realised that this was one of the few things in the room that had been polished repeatedly. It was a scrappy cleaning job though and if you looked hard enough you might be able to faintly see the miniature fingerprints of the two young children it belonged to. Camila could only believe that it was the twins that had made the effort of cleaning the frame themselves. Only when Camila took a good look at the photo did her heart begin to ache.