𝟎𝟕. 𝐂𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐘𝐎𝐔

ECLIPSE.
[ "COOL WITH YOU" ]

"I THOUGHT I'D MAKE US OUR LAST LUNCH IN THE PRISON WORLD

"I THOUGHT I'D MAKE US OUR LAST LUNCH IN THE PRISON WORLD. UNLESS YOU WANNA EAT LUNCH BEFORE THE ECLIPSE TOMORROW BUT THAT MEANS WE HAVE TO EAT LUNCH BEFORE 12 WHICH JUST SEEMS WRONG."

Camila was hit by Kai's free fall of words as soon as she had gotten halfway down the stairs following her shower and change. "Okay then..." was the only response she could seem to muster. Her mouth fell agape upon seeing the large array of food Kai had prepared. "I know what you're thinking; he's hot and he can cook, what a keeper."

"Not exactly but this is impressive." Camila remarked, seating herself across from Kai. "You always do that."

"Do what?"

"Sit across from me instead of near me." Kai noted, picking at the food on his plate. "How am I supposed to make conversation if I'm sitting diagonally across from you let alone next to you. It's not personal, it's logical."

"It's not like you make conversation with me anyway." Kai teased, kicking Camila's feet lightly under the table. "You're just a... a man-child, you know that?"

"Why thank you, princess." Kai chewed on a piece of bacon, looking at the female witch with expectancy, waiting for her reaction. Camila opened her mouth, ready to retaliate before closing it and leaning back in her chair with a pleased smile. No way was she going to let this ass get what he wanted, a reaction. She resumed eating her food to which Kai furrowed his eyebrows before replicating her smile. He, too, knew what she was doing.

"That's a lovely sweater, princess." Camila tightened her jaw tightly before relaxing it. She looked up at Kai and scanned him quickly. "Thanks, Malachai." His grip on his fork tightened. "Don't call me that."

"Call you what, Malachai?"

"Fine, truce." Kai settled leaving Camila to fake a pout. "But I was having so much fun. I get why you annoy people now, it really is nice to watch them squirm."

"Look at that, you're becoming me." Camila practically shuddered at the thought. Ironically, this was one of the most peaceful conversations Camila had ever had with Kai. Just as Kai had noticed things about her, she had done the same with him. She'd realised that by participating in a rally of teasing you were less likely to get on Kai's bad side than by being hostile. Being sarcastic was a speciality of Camila's anyway so she didn't really have to force herself. Et voila, peace in the prison word.

"Not again." Camila looked up at Kai who immediately stood and began searching the kitchen. She looked on at him with confusion so he gestured to his own nose indicating that Camila should do the same. Upon touching the skin beneath her nose, she understood his reaction. It was bleeding, again. She cursed under her breath and took the tissues Kai gave her with a thank you.

"Tilt your head downwards," Kai placed his hand on the back of Camila's head helping her position her head. "There you go." He remained crouched in front of Camila with his hand tangled in her hair until she was sure her nose had stopped bleeding. Admittedly, it had stopped bleeding about a minute ago but Camila was perfectly comfortable with the position she was in; she liked 'caring Kai'. "Has it stopped bleeding?" Guess that was the end of that.