Prologue

Standing outside the college gates, I stare at the huge campus, King's college, London, it all seems like a dream come true. I still remember the proud look in my parent's face when they heard the news of my scholarship.
Growing up, I didn't know what I wanted to do in future and didn't realize my passion about literature till I was in tenth grade. And know, standing outside the gates of one of the well known college of London, it is a dream come true for a simple Indian girl like me.
Entering inside the campus, I wander around, trying to find the office to get my schedule, dorm room keys and my locker number. After inquiring about the route to a few students, I finally reached the office. Walking up to the lady sitting their, I tell her my name, show her my identity proof and I am handed the schedule, dorm room keys and my locker combination.
After some difficulty, I finally reach my dorm room. Entering their, I notice, one of the two beds is occupied and a few things are scattered around but no one is inside.
Sighing, I go to my bed and start to unpack my things.
After an hour of unpacking, seeing as I didn't bring a lot, I see that time is already 7:00 pm, I eat some snacks that my mother packed for me and go to sleep due to exhaustion from this long day.
***********************************
Author's note: hey guys!!
So, as you know, this is my first attempt at writing a story, so please forgive me for all my mistakes and also give me your feedback on how you liked the chapter. I know this chapter is short but I promise that I will try to make the next one longer than this one.I will try and update the next chapter in a few days, maybe tomorrow if this story gets some views and votes. So...
VOTE.
COMMENT.
SHARE.