CHAPTER 4 : Bag of Ladoos and a Letter

Naresh's P

Naresh's P.O.V. 

My train was an hour late, mom had packed clothes, pickles, Mathri (salted snacks) for the five hour journey. Jaideep, my childhood friend, was also helping me to pack my books and other stuff quickly. My heart was beating faster and I wanted to meet Sudha for the last time, I want her to come with me but she is a headstrong girl and its difficult to convince her, she is somewhat like me.  She has ordered me to meet her before I leave for the journey. But Mom engaged me in a conversation with my neighbor which I wanted to avoid at any cost at this crucial moment. I could see Jaideep smirking at my situation from the bedroom and making silly faces at me. It will take me atleast 15-20 minutes to reach Pathshala ( village school) where she teaches children at Elementary level. She will kill me if I don't go. Finally Jaideep comes out of the bedroom while controlling his laughter and helps me leave the conversation and engages my mother and the neighbour in some spiritual conversation which they luckily took interest in. 

Finally I reached Pathshala on my cycle and found Sudha coming out of a classroom, the courtyard had plenty of kids playing together.  I parked my cycle and stood for a moment at the entrance, she saw me and started coming towards me, for some reason she looked angry, perhaps I was late but whatever it is, she looks nothing less than a princess, I don't know how she manages to look so beautiful everyday. And then she walks up to me: 

Sudha : Finally, you got time to meet me ? I thought you already left. 

I smile like an idiot taking a vague chance to make her feel better, but obviously I was wrong. 

Sudha : Don't laugh ! Why are you laughing ! Am I cracking a joke. 

See this happens when a beautiful girl like her becomes a teacher, she starts considering everyone her student. She was scolding me like she scolds her students. 

Naresh : Yesterday you asked me to meet Sahib and today I went there with mom,  I will not give any excuse but seriously, I was really busy today, or else I would have been here before the time you gave me. (grinning) 

Sudha attempts to control her grin and look serious. 

Sudha : Ok ! Ok ! no need to be so dramatic. Tell me, is your packing done ? 

Naresh : Yes madam, everything is done, just need your permission to leave. 

Sudha's expression changed and she starts smiling. 

Sudha : I will miss you. 

Naresh : Mee too. 

We come closer

Naresh : And I want you to write to me everyday. (He takes her hand into his hand, Sudha looks hesitant as they were standing at the school entrance, she quickly withdraws her hand with a smile and looks into Naresh's eyes) Listen Sudha, (He says in a serious voice) I will be away from you, but you will always be there in my mind, I may not be able to call you or write you everyday but you have to keep writing to me and call me everyday. I am working hard for us, for our bright future, I want to build a home on my own and keep you and my mom there, whether in Delhi or in Chail, I want to become a responsible man before I marry you. 

Sudha's eyes moistens and with a smile she says

Sudha : You are. (She adjusts his collar and buttons) You go and work hard, I will wait for you and I trust you ( tears rolls down her cheeks, Naresh wipes them off and says)

Naresh : Don't worry, we will be together one day. I will give you all the happiness in the world. Just give me some time. (grins)

Sudha : okay dear, take care of aunty and yourself. (Sudha takes out a small bag of goodies from her purse, with a letter and gives it to Naresh. He takes it with a smile)

Naresh : What is it ? 

Sudha : Some ladoos ( Indian dessert) and a letter for you, which I want you to open when you reach in Delhi. (grins)

Naresh : Okay my love, I have to go now. (eyes moistens). 

Sudha and Naresh looks into each others' eyes. 

Hi friends, here is the new part, please leave a comment below

Hi friends, here is the new part, please leave a comment below. Your feedback is really really important to me so pleaseeeeeeeeeee give your feedback. 

Thanks :)