Chapter One: The Writer

Ross sat on the roof of his high school at the middle of the night. The cool breeze made his scarf flutter in the wind as he looked at all the stars and the brightly shining full moon. It was all so beautiful, He had thought being amazed at the wonderful sight. He pulled out his red notebook and a pen with a lot of different colors. He turns the smooth pages always looking to see if there was any writing on it. Every page had a date on it, until he reached the middle of the notebook. He twisted the pen searching for the right color that fitted what he felt. He chose a light blue since he felt it fit. He wrote the date on the upper corner then started just writing about his day and this beautiful sight. He did not care who might end up finding this, this was the only way of him to properly vent his feelings. Ross stopped writing to fix his scarf that was getting in the way, he smiles softly then continues his writing. Minutes turn into hours as he finishes his writing for that day. '~Ross the Squirrel & Narwhal' He signed off before pulling out some brand new markers that was in his pocket, Ross doodles some hearts, swirls, stars, and of course his two favorite animals the narwal and the squirrel. Something vibrates in his pocket that Ross ignored. "I need to finish this real quickly then check my phone. It keeps buzzing." Ross tells himself quietly, he colors in his doodles then puts his markers back in his pocket. Ross closes the red notebook gently clipping the pen onto the notebook. His phone buzzes again in his pocket so he pulls it out. He had gotten texts. 'Dad: Ross, where are you? Get home this instant!' 'Adam: Have you seen the stars yet tonight? They are so amazing. When you squint they look like little porcupines stumbling across the sky dipping their quills into the night sky writing apologies for all those unanswered wishes and apologies to the people who once wished upon them hoping one day that the wish might come true. Don't you see it?' He tapped on Adam's message to reply to it. He looks at the stars squinting. The stars looked exactly the way Adam had described it, so he replied to the message. 'Now that you mention it, I actually do see it.' He had texted back. 'It's a strange discovery I know. But when is any of my discoveries normal? Anyways, are you coming up here later in the week?' Adam texted. 'If I'm allowed to, of course if I'm not, no.' He replied. 'Okay, Good night Ross. I'll see you at school.' Adam sent. Ross sighs slipping his phone back in his pocket, he started climbing down the school building. When he reached the ground, he saw a dark mysterious figure, right in front of him.

×××××××××
Woah, first chapter done! I think I did pretty well.