analise

Analise couldn't stop her fingers from shaking as she rooted desperately through the trash.

It's here. It must be.

Unknown was bluffing. They had to be. No one knew about the box. They didn't know what was inside. They couldn't. Her throat burned. She needed a drink, but she was already three days into being sober.

She wouldn't risk it now, not over this. Her fingers brushed the bottom of the trashcan, and she swore. If Unknown knew, she was screwed.

Her mind went back to Reno, and the news story. The police had ruled it as a suicide, but Analise knew better. Reno was murdered, and she knew who did it.

She sat back on her heels, her stomach rolling. The test. She needed that test. She felt the bile slowly rising in her throat. Why why why why.

"Babe?" It was her boyfriend. "Babe open up."

Analise reached up and turned the lock. Her boyfriend pushed open the door, his face ashen. Analise' eyes honed in on what he was holding in his hand. The box. Oh God the box.

"Where'd you get that?" Analise demanded.

"It was mailed in. What does it mean? Babe?"

She couldn't meet her boyfriend's eyes. He wouldn't love her anymore. Not after this. "You know what it means," she said.

"No. Tell me."

Analise shut her eyes tightly. Either she did it now, or Unknown would do it later. She wasn't going to let Unknown make the decisions for her. Not anymore.

"It's a test," she began.

"For what?"

"To see if I'm pregnant."

A pause. "Are you?"

"Yes. But the thing is....it isn't yours."

A/n: AND THERE IT IS! THE REVEAL. Who's do you think it is if it isn't the boyfriend's? Could it even be *gasp* the baby of unknown?? Who knows!!! I do hehe.