Chapter 54 (Under Editing)

(A/N: Guys! Please help! Ugh. I've read all of Hydrophobia by MrDeanWinchester , and then I read the five chapters in H2O too. I feel like crying. 😭 I love it and I don't know what to do with myself until the next update. Other than that, I highly recommend it! It was sweet and loving; it's well written besides some spelling errors, but they really don't bother me, it really is hard most of the time to keep track of mistakes as a writer. But everyone go do me a favor and read it! It's DESTIEL. 😍😍

~Nikki Xoxo))

{Deans POV}

"Sammy?" Callie says into her cellphone. I roll my eyes at her loose term of endearment that she stole from me. She chews some dead skin off of her lip before responding to whatever he just said to her, "I know that I need to be careful, but you guys could use me as bait, and you know it!" She's whiny. I roll my eyes and grab the phone from her.

"We're not using anyone as bait," I snap at her, remembering the last time that we used Cassie as bait and she got transformed into a vampire. I shudder. "We just need a game plan. It's not like we haven't dealt with a Reaper before," I explain, making sure that Callie is paying attention. She nods.

I put Sammy on speaker and he agrees with me, "Even so, Death wouldn't appreciate one of his employees running around on a killing spree. And he'll talk to either me or you, since he loves us so very much." Sams sarcasm. That's one of the things that I love most about him. "But seriously, Callie, no."

I smile, triumphant and she pouts. "Oh get over it," I flick her arm and she sticks her tongue out at me.

"Whatever," she mumbles. "How have you guys met Death?"

"We're the Winchesters," I chuckle, "we've met Death plenty of times."

Callie stares at me in awe and I clear my throat.

"I'm coming back to the car," Sam breaks the silence, "We need to summon Death."

"Death can be summoned?" Callie questions and I shake my head.

"It's not really a summons if we offer him fast food," I laugh and hang up my phone. Callie looks out the windshield. It seems like something is bothering her; I've never been good at comforting people, but I know that Cassie being gone is bothering her. They grew close in that short amount of time that they had gotten to know one another. Callie and Cassie seemed to be sisters before Cassie got snatched up. I realized that Callie had snuck into the living room of Bobby's place and offered her some raw meat. She was keeping her fed. They talked until Callie's shift was over, and that was early in the morning, before it was Sammys turn to take over.

I know that she's missing the angel that we knew before the asshole with wings came out of hiding.

"Don't worry," I finally mumble, then clear my throat again, "we'll get her back."

She crosses her arms across her chest and leans back in her seat, "It's not even that, Dean." This bitch practically just snapped at me. I'm too taken aback to respond to her before Sam opens the backdoor on Callie's side.

"What happened?" He asks and looks from Callie to me and then back at Callie.

"Talk to your girlfriend about it," I snap and turn my key in the ignition, starting up my Baby. Callie makes some sarcastic remark that I block out and I do that for the remainder of the car ride back to the cabin. It's about five miles off of the road in such a desolate area, that we can all have peace and not be bothered by each other.

I grab a few knives from my duffle bag in the trunk and go off to the side of the wooden house. What put Callie's panties in a bunch? Is it because I brought up Cassie? Cassie and her were close, so that might be why. I don't know. I just hope that whatever is putting her in a sour mood goes away.

She's so kind, but she's rough around the edges; as most of us Hunters tend to be. I don't blame her. She's had a rough life.

Bobby just died, so I don't blame her for being this way, on top of that she's lost the only friend she's had since she became one of us.

I got to know Callie a little bit before we left for Dallas.

She's twenty-three and from Illinois. She never specified which part, but I can't remember now. It's a small detail that's insignificant to everything else.

Her father was a drunk. An angry and abusive alcoholic. When she was young her parents had another child; she told me that she took care of him when she was eleven years old until her mother ran off and snatched him up with her. He was only four. She never saw her baby brother and her mother again. Callie was left to be beaten everyday by her father until she was fifteen and the foster care system took over. A neighbor had reported the abuse and child protective services stepped in. She was shuffled around through multiple families that were never any good to her. When she was sixteen she tried to overdose on sleeping medication. She was tired of fighting.

Thankfully she survived and went to therapy in a health center after everything was said and done. Callie had been diagnosed with a severe depression and severe anxiety combination. She learned how to be herself in there and not care what others thought or said about her, because people are monsters too. She got out and rose to the top of her class in her high school and got into a college in Indiana for nursing and medical practice. Callie still believed in herself, no matter how bad things got.

Bobby was a friend of her mothers, and despite how much she hated her, she trusted Bobby one hundred percent. He told her that if she ever got into any trouble at all, to call him. So when a close friend of hers in college got murdered in her second year, she dropped everything and called Bobby.

Bobby didn't want her to become one of us, he didn't want her to know about all the frightening things that hide in the dark; but Bobby wanted her to know how to protect herself. So Bobby drove to Indiana and taught her how to investigate. The family business. Her first case was a Wraith, and Wraiths have a tendency to be unforgiving. Bobby let her kill it. Ever since then, her and Bobby were close. He was a father to her.

And now he's gone.

I understand her pain; my father raised me and Sammy up like soldiers. Most of the time, we would help him hunt and he would treat us like we were a part of his platoon in the Marines. We were never children. Unless we were with Bobby.

I love and loved my father for teaching me everything that I know. He was a good man.

Tears spring from my eyes as I throw the knives at the side of the cabin. They stick in the wood, all of the handles were pointing back at me. Target practice, I guess. There has to be a way for me to get Cassie back. She's in there somewhere.

That vessel shall not be harmed.