18

Toast's pov

We all stared at her. She wore a black leather jacket over a red shirt. She looked nothing like she did when I first met her. She spent several minutes attempting to escape the trap but eventually gave up and sat on the ground with her eyes closed.

"Well now what," said Mabel.

Miss Ebony paced around the trap.
"We need to fix her."

Everyone thought for a moment until Gavin spoke up.
"I can fix her. I actually am capable of controlling low level ghosts and demons."

I raised an eyebrow.
"Since when could you control demons?"

He shrugged.
"I had lots of free time in prison to practice. But if I'm going to do it I need her to look at me."
He picked up something that had fallen off of one of the shelves and threw it at her. It bounced off and she opened her eyes, clearly angry.

She turned to look at Gavin but before she could do anything, she froze. The two stared at each other for several minutes. Mabel walked over to Gavin and tapped him gently on the shoulder.
"Is it working?"

He didn't break eye contact.
"Yes," he said exasperated, "now be quiet. I can hold her for just a bit longer. Maxwell, I need you to go in and undo whatever Bill did to her memory."

Miss Ebony turned to look at Gavin.
"You are not letting another entity possess my girlfriend."

Gavin groaned.
"It's either this or she stays like this permanently. Maxwell! Now!"

Maxwell disappeared just as Gavin's control broke. Both he and Miss Annabelle collapsed to the ground in exhaustion.
"Now we wait."

I looked back over at sir. He was mumbling and laughing, probably talking to/ fighting Jimmy.
"Stab stab, yes you're right. Hehe. Blood, blood, blood is red, red is pretty. I agree completely. This will be fun."

All the others backed away as Sir stood up holding Jimmy's knife. He laughed insanely.
"Look at that, you're all so scared. It's adorable really. Jimmy was right, you're all afraid of me." He suddenly looked very angry. "So it's true. You all think I'm just like him. Well, if you really think that, I'LL SHOW YOU HOW MUCH LIKE HIM I CAN BE!!"

The others all backed away in fear as he ran forward. Before he could do any really damage though, I tackled him. He struggled beneath me and I realized what his nightmare must have been about.
"Shh. It's okay Love. You're nothing like him. No one thinks you are. You just need to calm down a bit."

He was breathing heavily but he stopped fighting me. Eventually his breathing slowed to a normal level.
"I'm okay, I'm okay. I just need a minute."
His voice was shaky.

I got off of him and helped him up.

Mister Stan looked very angry.
"Okay, what just happened and who the hell is Jimmy?"

Miss Ebony joined in.
"And Gavin never explained how he turned my girlfriend into a demon."

Gavin and I exchanged a look.

"I'll go first," He said, "It all started about two months ago......."