Comeback

I drive heavily down the road, thinking about where the hell I'm going. Kelly then completely wakes up, stretching her arms out like last time, but hitting me in the right, lower part of my jaw. It was a weak little nudge, but it got my attention. Then she says, "I'm kinda thirsty." I'm surprised as she instantly reaches for one of the water bottles in the back seats of the truck, and brings it back with her to her seat. "So how ya holding up Kelly?" I ask to her. She makes an mmmhmmmhmm sound while she's drinking the water out of the bottle. She then retracts the bottle away from her mouth, and places it in between her legs that are covered by her jeans. She then say clearly, "I'm doing mighty fine, how about you Den?"

I smiled to the sound of my name, and the way she sweetly said it. It has been too long since I last heard my name. I replied, "It's been a long trip, and I'm ready for you to take over the wheel." "Very well then," she relied with excitement. I started to slow down, trying to find a place to stop. As I swerve around more broken parts of the road, I find a spot to stop at. I slow down even more as we approach it, and then we finally come to a stop. then I say to her, "Lets switch now."

We open the doors as we get out of the truck, and we both walk around the front side. We smile at each other, staring eye-to-eye. Right before we pass each other, I raise my hand for a high-five. She then smacks my hand as hard as she could, making it sting alittle. I start to laugh, and then she sticks her tongue out at me. Her tongue is narrow and slender, and her teeth are white -whiter than mine.

She then slips through the door I left open for her, as I jump in. I then crash into the seat, and immediately pull the lever that reclines the seat back and slam the door. The vehicle starts to move, and I start to relax. It didn't take me long to realize I was beginning to fall asleep. She didn't say a word as I drifted into a deep sleep, but I did notice her sneaking looks at me.

When I woke up, it was dark and I was still in the truck, but something was off. Kelly. Where the fuck is Kelly? I saw that the door to the truck was open, and the window was smashed. I looked toward the dash and the time on the dashboard said it was 11:14 p.m. Then it caught my eye, the velvet blood that was on the door, and alittle bit of it was trialing down the the grassy hill, that I just now noticed.

It was a heart-sinking sight, but I tried to think about something else, but what was there to think about? I then sat up, and opened my door. I pulled myself out, but my body seemed extremely heavy. I fell straight to the ground, and a sharp pain came to me when I hit the cold grass. Where the fuck am I? Where the fuck is Kelly? I couldn't stop panicing, and the pain made me very uncomfortable, so I curled into a ball, straining my body. It hurt so bad, until a dark figure creeped toward me. The figure moved slowly, but smoothly. I kinda reminded of- It was Kelly. She crouched next to me in tears. She pulled my head to her chest and kept saying in a soft, sobbing voice, "I'm sorry Denrick. I'm so sorry..." Then she pulled something slowly out of my body, out of my hip. She pulled out a shard of glass, and more. I felt that it wouldn't end. She just kept pulling more and more.

I finally had the energy to say in a blood-gurgling voice, "What happened?" I noticed that when I said that, she started sobbing even more. I felt bad for her in almost every way. Then I asked again in the same voice, "What happened?" She then rested my head back so that I could see her. Her hair fell over her darkened face, and she said, "They came for us. They c-came back for us Denrick. I'm so sorry." Then she sobbed some more, and pulled my head back to her chest, and leaned over top of me.

Shit... is she serious? No... "K-Kelly... Listen to what I am about to say. We need to get a-a move on, ok?" She looked like she just heard Jesus curse. To my surprise, she then lifted me off the ground. She looked tense and fully operational, but something about her was off- besides the fact that she just lifted a 190 lbs. man. "K-Kelly, whats going on?"

She didn't answer me, and took off running, running away from the highway, away from the truck, away from... THEM. Ohh shit... it wasn't raiders? A small, speedy-ass creature with this odd hunch just darts toward us at full force. Kelly then takes off, like a drag racing car down the track. She wisps by a few small trees, dodging them swiftly. She's too fast for the... whatever the fuck it was. So I guess I'm not dieing today! She then says to me, "We were attacked by raiders, then crashed. Those things came outta nowhere and killed the raiders but... I think ur up-to-date now Den."

"Kelly, I'm very aware that you know I have many questions ,but... They need to wait. We gotta kill this thing before IT kills us." She nods in agreement, and spots a warehouse up ahead. She jogs to it, carrying me in her arms. Damn, she sure looks pretty but... how the fuck is she carrying me like this? Hmm... My train of thought was broken when she kicked the warehouse door open. Now all that flowed through my mind was, Who in the hell tought her how to do shit like this? "Uhh... Kelly? Did you by chance... pick up my gun?" She gasped horrifically, and the fog rolls in.