5

Mitch had a relaxing drive home, watching the familiar scenery glide through his windows. He liked it here, he really did. It was comfortable and quaint, not to mention close to everyone he loved. But it was all he'd ever known, and sometimes that was okay, and he enjoyed being so familiar with one area, but other times it overwhelmed him when he considered all the places he'd never experienced.

     He had only left Arlington a couple times, and it was only to go to some of the nearby cities. Mitch had stayed in the same bubble his entire twenty-one years of living. Wasn't that bad? Driving home that night, he knew he had to go somewhere, probably just another state for his first time leaving the area. But where would he go? What would he do there? He knew he would never wanna go somewhere new alone. Maybe he could invite Kirstin? But that would mean he'd have to invite Jeremy too wouldn't it, and then he'd just be third wheeling.

     Mitch snapped himself out of it. He was not about to plan an entire vacation on his drive home from Kirstie's. Things like this need a lot of time to mull over, and require a lot of planning. He decided to stop thinking about it for the time being and sleep on the idea. He enjoyed the rest of his drive home with his inner monologue at rest.

Nothing could've made Mitch happier than the notification he saw upon arriving home from Kirstie's house that night. Scott had emailed him back hours ago. He quickly scrambled into bed, completely disregarding how late it was and how much his body ached for him to sleep.

Hi again Mitch!!
First of all that's so insane that you live in Arlington! I literally grew up there and my parents still live there. What are the odds? I looked up the time zones and it looks like you're two hours ahead of me, so there's that.

Mitch's jaw dropped. Was this really happening? Scott Hoying himself grew up in ARLINGTON Texas and Mitch had no idea. There's no way. Had he been growing up just a few miles away from Scott every year without knowing it? He thought he might pass out if he though about it too much. Plus apparently Scott's parents lived here too. Mitch was in close proximity with the couple that conceived Scott Hoying right at this moment.

You sing too? That's so cool! I guess we've gotta do a duet together someday huh?

Mitch blushed. If only.

If it's comfortable with you, I'd LOVE to hear you sing sometime! I did tons of theatre growing up too, and I'm actually majoring in music right now! That's why I moved to L.A.

     Mitch couldn't help but feel a little jealous. He wished he'd had the courage to move somewhere to actually go to school for music. And if he and Scott both grew up doing theatre here in Arlington Texas, he wondered what the probability was that they'd gone to the same places, maybe even been cast into the same plays. No, no, probably not. He would've remembered, right?

     How long have you lived in Arlington? Did you move there for school? It's so awesome that we seem to have a lot in common, fate perhaps? 😂
Hope to speak soon!
-Scott

     Yeah, it was kinda weird that they were so similar, and something about it did excite Mitch a little. Thank god he'd decided to email Scott after all, this had only been going on a few days and already he'd learned so much that he would have never guessed otherwise. And Scott did seem to be interested in being friends with him, didn't he?

He figured he should write him back now. It was Thursday after all, and Mitch didn't have classes on Fridays. Sleep could wait just a little longer.

     Hey Scott!
     I grew up in Arlington too actually, how weird is that? I wonder if we ever went to the same theatre camps. What schools did you go to?
     I decided to stay in Arlington for school to stay close to home, but unfortunately there aren't many music options when it comes to schools here. I wish there were. My best friend Kirstin and I are going to a community college here together.
     I'd love to sing for you, but after hearing yourself sing all day I'm afraid you'd be a little underwhelmed lol.