o n e

Hey! This is a Klance fanfiction. Obviously. Will update daily. Hope you enjoy!

+++

Landing on top of a practically naked boy at two in the morning after he'd broken into his flat was not how Lance imagined his night going.

His friend, Hunk, had dropped him off at his apartment only fifteen minutes earlier, and after realizing he'd locked himself out, Lance's plan was simple: Climb up the side of the building, break open his bedroom window, and safely slide into his home. He would've been home free.

What he hadn't accounted for was Mullet Boy sleeping in his bed. He definitely hadn't guessed he would land on top of him when he fell into his room.

"What the hell?" Mullet shouted when he landed, sitting up and flicking on the light. Lance brushed himself off, rolling his shoulders and glaring at the other boy. "What do you mean, 'what the hell'? Why the hell are you sleeping in my bed?"

"Your bed?" The stranger rubbed his eyes. His hands clenched into fists as he glared at Lance incredulously. "You're in my flat!"

"Of course I'm not in your flat!" Lance held his ground when the other boy bolted up from his bed. They were toe to toe, and Lance glanced down at his bare chest for only a moment before his eyes flicked around his bedroom. "I'm in... Oh, my God. This is not my flat."

"I will strangle you," Mullet's voice was low, and he tugged his hand through his hair. His cold gray eyes darted to the left, and his face paled. "What did you do to my window?"

"Oh," Lance found himself taking a step back, laughing sheepishly. "I thought that I would just... You know, block it with a trash bag or something until I could pay to get it fixed. Oh, don't look at me like that, Mullet! I was locked out!"

"It's Keith," Mullet's glare was deadly, crossing his arms. "Who are you... Lane? Luther?"

Lance mirrored him, crossing his arms and glaring hard at Mullet. "Um, the name's Lance." He sighed once, rubbing his hand down his face. "Look, I really am sorry about your window. I'll pay for it and everything, I just... I'm broke."

Keith met Lance's eyes, irritation seeping into his expression. "Where am I supposed to go, then? I can't stay here, I'll get attacked in my sleep!"

"Please," Lance rolled his eyes, smirking down at Keith. "No idiot would be stupid enough to climb up a four story building just to get into your room."

"Oh, my God, you are! You're stupid enough!" Keith was exasperated, waving his hands in Lance's face. "Are you hearing yourself talk right now? You're probably the dumbest person I've ever met, and I've known you for three and a half minutes."

"Actually, we had Biology together." Lance glanced around Keith's room, looking back to the broken window.

"What?"

"We had Biology together," Lance repeated, rubbing the back of his neck. "In High School. Until you dropped out, I mean."

When Keith didn't answer, only stared at him with a dumbfounded expression, Lance coughed, glancing away. "You can... You can stay at my place, if you want. Until I can get enough money to fix your window."

Keith hesitated, peering at Lance as if he wasn't sure if he was being truthful or not. Of course, Lance had no reason to lie. He'd genuinely felt bad about breaking the guy's window.

"Yeah, okay," Keith mumbled at last, glancing around his room. Let me pack some stuff. Give me a second."

Lance nodded once and stepped out of Keith's bedroom. His flat was a decent size, bigger than Lance's would ever be. He had a nice living room, a sturdy couch and coffee table tucked into one corner and small TV resting on a stand in front of them. From what Lance could see, Keith's kitchen was neat, spices stacked on a rack and pale blue island sitting in the center of the room.