X: Never

"You know what I hate about you mortals?" Mark asked rhetorically. "You are incredibly cliché."

"We can be, yes," you responded, trying to concentrate on the movie. There was only about twenty minutes left in the film, and it was a long time favorite of yours. But Mark wouldn't stop talking.

"Like, this movie is honestly garbage," he stated, staring at the screen in disgust.

"I really like this movie."

"You have bad taste in movies then." You were getting extremely fed up with his bullshit. You knew he was probably just joking around, but it was still pissing you off.

"That's your fucking opinion. Now will you shut your yap?"

"Whoa, someone's pissy." You paused the movie and turned to face him, anger bubbling inside you.

"Are you trying to piss me off or are you actually this annoying?"

"What did I do?"

"You won't shut the fuck up!"

"What's the point of hanging out if we don't talk? That's how it works right?" You were going to respond. You were going to snap at him. You were going to yell and be an asshole and tell him that you won't take his shit. But a thought struck you: he's never seen a movie. He'd only been in this mortal world for a couple months and as far as you knew, he'd never really had any friends. All he knew about mortal things is what he'd heard or seen other people doing. You doubt he went out to see a movie in the little time he was there. You felt awful for snapping at him. You sighed and sat back in your seat, confusion plastered across his face.

"People don't normally talk during a movie," you stated. "It's considered rude. It can be disruptive to the other people trying to watch." His face changed from confusion to understanding, then immediately to guilt.

"Sorry," he said, obviously embarrassed. He checked the time on the clock on the wall and cursed, anger flashing in his eyes. "I've got to go. I'll see you later."

"Oh. O-okay. I'll-" he disappeared. There one second, gone the next. You sighed. "-see you later."

***

"What's up?" Jack's voice flowed through the speaker of your phone like water. His words were smooth and comforting, making you feel a bit better in your situation.

"I don't know, I just..." You sighed, rolling over to face the ceiling. "I don't feel motivated to do anything today."

"Do you want me to come over?"

"No, I'll probably just be a downer the whole time you're here."

"Then what do you want me to do?"

"I don't know."

"Then why did you call me?" You could hear his frustration.

"Because hearing your voice makes me feel better." He sighed.

"You're adorable." You blushed.

"Fuck off." He chuckled, causing a wide grin to spread across your face.

"I have to go. I'll talk to you later, okay love?"

"Alright. Bye, Jackaboy."

"Bye, Y/N." You hung up and dropped your phone onto the carpet. Mark last night, Jack today; guys just couldn't stand you. You knew that wasn't the truth of the matter, but you just couldn't help but think that way. Two new guys popping into your life at the exact same time? You were lucky if you could just get one to be your friend, but two? Fate must be toying with you. Especially with the whole reaper thing.