Chapter One:

-Again I started over with this story because I rushed into things and it was so cliche and I didn't like it. I hope you guys like the new longer and better chapters!!- [Abbey Miller is played by the beautiful Emily Osment]

Chapter One:

"Abbey Miller?" I faintly heard someone call out. I didn't know what to do, I felt numb. I didn't know if I felt sad, angry, or depressed. Maybe it was all of the above? Was it possible to feel all of those strong emotions at once? If it where I'm sure that's what was happening. I don't remember how or when I got here. I just know what happened when I got here will never leave my mind. "Abbey? I'm Sarah Hughes, your social worker. Would like a few minutes alone or would you like me to start?" I heard a very sweet and soft voice ask. I didn't want to listen to her and I didn't want to answer her. So instead I did what I always did when things got to bad. I shut myself down, blocking out any unwanted emotion or sounds.

Sitting silently in Mrs. Hughes office, which I've grown annoyed to seeing, I watched as rain droplets raced down the windows trying to beat each other to the bottom. "So Abbey I've spoken with your aunt in Toronto and she said she can't take you in due to a new baby and a divorce. So that leaves your father." My head snapped to hers the second she said 'father'.

"What?" My voice was horse and just a whisper, that was the first and only word I've spoken in the past two months. Mrs. Hughes looked shocked but relieved that I've spoken. I was more shocked then she was, not by me talking, by the fact she actually knew about my father. My mother always said he was a private man, kept to himself a lot. I guess that's what caused the divorce, him being so private. My eyes where wide, not with fear, no with wonder and amazement. I wondered what my father would be like. What he would look like, act like, sound like. I was amazed she was able to track him down, I've been trying for nearly 17 years now.

"He contacted me. Saying he was your father and that you could live with him. Of course I asked how he got my number and to take a test proving he was your father. We got the results of his test this morning. He claims to have gotten the number from one of the workers here in my office." She said rolling her eyes at the end. So he had contacted her about me? If it was so easy why didn't he contact my mother, or me? Non the less he contacted Sarah and now I'm moving in with him. Oh. My. God. I'm going to be living with my father, for who knows how long.

That was exactly one month from today. Today Sarah and I wait at the airport for my father to show up. He has to sign some papers and all that nonsense. If you ask me, it's a bunch of bullshit, I read the papers. They ask him stupid questions and its rather pointless. Sighing I adjusted the headphone in my ear, which decided to keep falling out. The sweet voice of Vic Fuentes was helping to drown out all the other noises. I loved his song 'Hold On Till May' it's my favorite song at the moment. May was my mothers name, also the month of my birthday, and the month she passed away in. I didn't even notice the tall, tan, man standing in front of Sarah until the traitor earbud fell out and I heard him speaking. His voice was smooth and confident, like he's done this before. Doubt it, I'm an only child, meaning he couldn't have done this before. 'Stupid abbey. Thinking that way.' I scolded myself and put the earbud back in my ear. We didn't look alike, me and the mystery man, he had disheveled blonde hair with piercing blue eyes. I had dull brown hair with dull green eyes.

The man smiled over at me and waved slightly. I didn't really know what to do so I just smiled a little. He couldn't be my father, there's no way, my own mother had the same hair and eyes. Looking more closely I noticed he had a scar by his left eyebrow. He also had a slightly crooked nose, probably from to many fights. I also noticed the hint of a tattoo peaking out of his left sleeve. From what I could see it looked like a paw of some sort, I could be wrong, but it looked like a dogs paw. Sighing for what felt like the tenth time today I held the letter my mother wrote me tightly in my left hand, my right holding my phone, I looked down at my phone. Hitting the lock bottom a picture of my mother and I showed up. It was from a few days before she passed away, we where in the mall getting facials, we both had green goop on our faces. Smiling at the memory and how happy she looked I locked the phone again and looked at the people around me.

After a few minutes someone tapped my shoulder. Turning my head I looked at a smiling Sarah, taking the headphones out I smiled back. "Abbey. This is Caleb, he works for your father, who is terribly busy with his work. That's why he sent Caleb to get you. Don't worry we got all the paperwork settled and you're all set." She said smiling a kind reassuring smile at me. I wasn't that surprised my father didn't show. Why would he? He hasn't been there for 17 years, how could I expect him to drop everything and show up now? Still. I got my hopes up of finally meeting the man my mother was in love with until her lest breath.

I stood as Sarah and Caleb got up to shake hands. Grabbing my carry on and my backpack I walked behind Caleb as he let the way. "You'll like Willow Point Abbey. There's a lot to do there.Granted its a small town. My younger brother and sister will be at your fathers house along with my mom, dad, and of course your father." he said as we sat in our seats. He gave me the window seat, first time flying, I smiled over at him. "Sarah told me you haven't talked since your mother passed, I'm sorry by the way, but maybe you can give me your number so along the way we can have a conversation?" He laughed at the end of his speech. I rolled my eyes smiling a little. Passing him my phone I took his, swapping numbers and taking stupid pictures together for the icon, we started our texting conversation.

I found out a lot more then I've even know. My father Seth Jay Miller, that's where I get the name Abbey Jay Miller, has an out of home gun business he shares with Caleb's dad Cory. They clean, fix, make, and sell guns. Not just guns, bows, knives, daggers, and I guess they have a ray of cabins along the wooded area for hunters or campers to rent. Caleb is 22, married, has a dog named Skipper, and a baby girl on the way. His wife Jasmine is also 22, dark black hair, tan skin, brown eyes, and can bake like a pro chef. His brother Cole and sister Chloe are my age, 17, they're twins, Coles older by one minute, and Chloe is a book worm.

I also found out that Chloe is really smart, like photogenic memory, smart. She remembers everything she's ever read, heard, or seen. That's kinda scary if you ask me. Cole likes hunting with our fathers. I guess he wants to take over the family business one day. As for Caleb's mom, Jessica, she's a sweet lady of 44 years young. Greying blonde hair, blue eyes, and is extremely short. I asked how short and was shocked to find she's only 4'11. I guess it runs in the family because Chloe is only 5'1 1/2. I smiled and thanked The Lord I wasn't the only short person anymore. My mother was rather tall, 5'9, she was tall, tan, and skinny. Although near the end it was mostly pail skin and bones for her. She never let me see how sick she actually was. No, she was far to happy to show how sick she actually felt. I admired her for that.

[eDiTeD]

-Stay Strong-