Refused

Lucas POV

It was dark, and I was wondering in circles. I kept hearing voices, a sweet low voice. I knew the voice but couldn't tell who it was but it was calming and it made me feel warm. I noticed I was in my wolf form and I looked at my tail, it was all black. I guess my fur is all black, that's nice. I always thought I'll have gray for some reason. I saw a light ahead of me so I ran towards it. The light is blinding.

My eyes fluttered opened and I was in a room I couldn't see much, my vision slowly coming back. I blinked and noticed something or should I say someone gripping my hand. I looked down and saw jet black hair. I couldn't tell who this was but his scent was intoxicating. I purred at the scent and rubbed my eyes. The person sat up and looked at me.
"Matthew?" I was shock to see him out of all people. Why is he here? Why was I here? All I remember was being in a room with Alex... wait where's Alex? That wolf.. did that wolf attack us?
I started hyperventilating, and Matthew rubbed my arm.
What is going on here?
"Lucas, relax your safe." He coed at me and rubbed my arm with soft touches. I felt sparks and I shivered and my wolf purred.
"What's going on? Was I attacked by that wolf? Why are you here?" I asked him and he looked at me softly.
"Your safe here, you passed out when you shifted into your wolf for the first time. No you weren't attacked. Your here because like I said you fainted."
I blinked a few times "where's Alex?" He growled and rolled his eyes. "My father wanted him, but why does he matter so much." I bit my lip and looked away hoping he wouldn't hurt me.
"Maybe because he's my only friend and only one who cared about me." I said low but of course being a wolf we have extremely good hearing.
He frowned and opened his mouth to say something but stopped.
The door opened and a man walked in. He looked shock to see me.
"Oh you're finally up, Luna." I blinked at him confused. I was the future Alpha not Luna, I'm a man.
"Excuse me sir, I'm a guy not a girl. I'm the future Alpha in my pack." He looked at me confused and glanced at Matthew who was glaring at him.
"Aren't you two mates?" The man asked who I now noticed was the doctor because of his outfit.
Wait wait what mates, he must assumed because Matthew is here.
"No sorry you must be confused, Matthew isn't my mate."
The doctor shrugged like he didn't wanna argue anymore.
"You two should talk then but how do you feel by the way." He asked pulling out a clipboard. "I feel weird in my head and my mouth feels icky and I'm hungry." I whined because I really was hungry. " I want foodddd" I whined and he chuckled while I heard Matthew purred. Weird never thought I'll ever hear that noise come out of him.
"I'll bring you your food right now." He bowed and walked out.
I looked at Matthew who was just staring at me in a daze. I snapped my finger to get his attention and he blinked.
His scent got to me again and this made me purr loud and close my eyes.
Mate
What no way, your going crazy
No he's our mate
No no tell me your joking
I heard my wolf growl at me and I just looked at Matthew confused and hurt.
"Y-your my mate?" He blinked and looked down, "yes I am"
He knew I was his mate and still bullied me, but why?
"I don't understand, you bullied me my whole life. You treated me horrible....you told me to kill myself, I was gonna do that but now I'm stuck here to hear your my mate, how could you."
I could see the hurt in his eyes "I'm so sorry, I don't know why I did it but I never wanted to hurt you. I just was doing it for fun. I'm sorry Lucas, I care about you. Why do you think I never actually hurt you or let anyone touch you." I blinked at him with a blank look.
"I never knew I felt this way for you but I know there was always this feeling for you that I couldn't figure out. But I do like you. Will you Lucas Michaels, be my mate?"
I glared at him
Yes yes yes
No I refuse, he hurt me to many times just because he said sorry doesn't mean he means it or that it makes up for what he did
Need mate
My wolf whimpered to me but I ignored. My wolf was trying to take over but it was still too weak.
"I'm sorry Matthew, but you hurt me too many times. I can't just let you into my life. I know you don't like me. Just because we're mates doesn't mean you actually care about me. I Lucas Michaels refuse you Matthew Green as my mate."
His face dropped and he looked like someone shot him with a shiver bullet. He dropped onto the floor onto his knees. No one ever denied an future Alpha as their mate. But I can't be with him. He doesn't love me he never will.
"Please I need you I know I hurt you but I need you." I pouted
"If you prove to me that you truly love me then maybe but right now I don't believe that you care. You hurt me a lot and I don't care if your my mate. Did you expect me to forget everything you did to me and forgive you and be with you?"
He shook his head no and got up to leave.
My wolf whimpers loud which he heard and glanced at me.
I felt a sharp pain in my side and I fell off the bed and curled up whimpering.
He ran to me and picked me up, "what's wrong?" I pointed to my side and it felt like I couldn't breathe anymore.
The doctor walked in with a tray of food. He put the tray down and looked at me worried.
"What happened?" I heard Matthew panicked voice
"I don't know he started whimpering and fell out of bed saying his side hurts."
The doctor looked at me and kneeled in front of me "Lucas your really weak if you don't find your mate your going to die. The Luna told me that the reason your passing out is because you need your mate or you won't survive."
This shocked me, if I don't accept Matthew I'll die, but being with Matthew feels like death. I can't be forced into a relationship. I don't care about being mates I never believed in that because you don't get to chose who you love.
"I rather die than be with my mate. That person hurt me too much, I wanted to die anyway why not just let it be peaceful." I shooed the doctor and Matthew away and Matthew whimpered loud
"Please Lucas, I'll make it up to you just let me try."
The door open and the Alpha and Luna came in with a huge smile.
They noticed the awkwardness in the room and their smiles dropped. "Is everything okay?"
The Alpha asked and looked at his son who looked like he was on the verge of tears. "He denies being my mate" the Alpha faced me with a shock expression. "Why?" I looked down and covered my face.
"He put me through so much he made me feel horrible about myself, I hated myself because of him. I almost.... k-killed myself because of him." I started crying and shaking. "He ruined my life he treated me like everyone else does, with hate and violence. I know the moon goddess put us together but I can't just throw away everything he did to me just because we're mates. It hurts so much and I have to have some time to think. Can I please go to Alex room. I don't wanna go home because everyone hates me there but I don't wanna stay in here. Please." I gave the Alpha a pleading look which he looked at me with sorrow and pain. "I'm so sorry you went through that. I didn't know. Your allow to go to Alex room now but you should eat I sense your really weak with hunger."
I shook my head, I wasn't hungry anymore I just wanted to cry.
I got up and was about to leave when I felt a soft hand on my shoulder, I turned to see the Luna with a soft smile. "The moon Goddess got many good things coming to you soon be patiences my child, she does everything for a reason."
I nodded at her and gave her a soft smile. She's really sweet I wonder where Matthew got his bad temper.

I arrived at Alex room and knocked softly. The door cracked open and I saw Alex sleepy face looking at me. Once he noticed it was me he threw the door open and pulled me into a hug. "How are you feeling? I was so worried about you" I shrugged and walked towards his bed and laid in it opening my arm. "I need a hug please, I just need a good friend right now." He nod and crawled into the bed with me and cuddled me close. "What's wrong?" I started crying into his chest and he rubbed my back "Matthew happened, he's my mate"