Movie review-Little Men

2017/4/3/16:14

Currently a ninth grader. That means we're going to have a senior high school entrance test in May. Basically, now we go to school every Monday to Saturday, from 7a.m. To 9:30p.m. That's kind of crazy eh?
------
Today is our tomb-sweeping day, so we have two days off.
So I stayed home yesterday, mostly revising, and also watched a great film "Little Men " during free time. I wonder if there's anyone who has watched it before because it came out last year but it wasn't a really well-known movie like La la land or Beauty and the Beast.
------
The story is about a boy named Jake, who moved into a quite big apartment his grandfather left them in Brooklyn with his parents after his grandfather passed away.
Below their apartment there lived the boy Tony and his mother.Jake's father was a not-so-famous stage performer who often plays in small dramas but hasn't really earn much from those dramas, so his mom was basically the one who makes their living.
At first, when they just moved in, they all showed kindness to each other and these two boys go to the same school, have quite similar interests; Tony was interested in performing and for Jake, it was painting which he's always loved. So gradually they became best friends. They go to school together, they often sleepover at each other's place and talk about their lives and dreams and they also plan to go to the same art school in the near future. However good days don't last forever. Soon Jake's family faced their own financial issues and since his dad thought his career is going downhill and they've got to find a way to fix it, the parents then thought increasing Leonora, Tony's mother's rent is a very obvious way to secure Jake's dad's financial future. Thus, conflicts often occurred between the parents of the two boys when it comes to those financial issues and these two boys/best friend are often drawn into these awkward, depressing and complex adult issues though they have never wanted this to happen.

And I'll leave the ending to you.
------
Some parts of the movie are really poignant, and I feel like it tells the story of what often happens in our real life. After all, reality is reality.
Yet I'm so glad that many people still have the heart and all the wonders that kids have.
And I think no matter how our lives drag us down, we gotta keep our purest and truest hearts and sometimes look at things through children's eyes, just like Tony and Jake. Perhaps only by that, we'll be able to overcome the hardest times in our lives.
------
That's all for today:)) Feel free to tell me whether you like it or not, it would mean a lot cause this is the very first time I write and post things like this on wattpad so yeah, thanks a lot for spending time reading!